188 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member thor-and-his-mighty-hammer
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I look around and see all these cool boards that fill so nicely and intuitively when I capture them (or rather, am captured) and think "hey, I'd like to make one of these sweet maps".

So then I read the tutorials and forums, like a good newbie ought to, then try to make a board all by myself. The assumption I gathered seems to make perfect sense: like colors will fill until it meets a pixel that looks different than itself.

I tried a really simple image at first: a single-colored box. Then I added one territory, saved, then previewed it. Instead of a territory that extended to the edges, I had a circle (and no, circle mode is not selected) inside the box. I tried a couple different settings, but still couldn't get it.

This is great: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/New+World+Gear/Board

So, to learn, I copied that map and settings (http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/1423), but I still failed. My clone (albeit with one territory) still does not flow nicely (http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/2361/Board/) and just has the circle with the territory name on hover.

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks internet!

2. #2 / 5
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Heya thor!

You're doing great, and it will "click" and get easier, and actually you haven't failed.  In the Board Designer click the Fill button and you will see that you actually have it set up correctly so far!  The current circles that you see are place holders for the territories.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member thor-and-his-mighty-hammer
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the quick reply!

I started a development game, and the fill does work how I expected it to (yay!). I was just confused and doubtful because of the preview page. Can you explain why my map has the circle placeholders there, and the shiny, live maps have the fill that extends to the full territory boundaries? Is it because my game is still in development?

4. #4 / 5
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

thor-and-his-mighty-hammer wrote:

Is it because my game is still in development?

Yep, Dev boards have the circle placeholders until they are Live, then they get the shiny version (I think I remember hearing it took some resources to make the shiny versions, so only boards Live get them).

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

the circle placeholders show where the unit count will appear on the board. you can press "fill" in the board designer to see how your fill graphics are looking. 

Keep it up thor! It'll keep getting easier and better!

Grace and Peace to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Chirst

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)