185 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I want to create a per-territory bonus that starts at 20, and then every 5 more territories you get another unit. i.e.:

<20 terrtiories = no bonus

20-25 territories = 1 unit

25-30 territories = 2 units

etc.

This board has no other continent bonuses that are not factories, but players start with a capital.  If I setup the per territory bonus to be 5 territories, but then put a -4 continent bonus on the capital, will the -4 get taken out of the territory bonus, or are continent & territory bonuses calculated separately?

2. #2 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

They are counted together.  I think your plan will work.

Edited Wed 22nd Aug 17:39 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks!  I'll give it a shot tonight and report back here.

4. #4 / 8
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I like this idea.

5. #5 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think it basically worked.  The only "problem", was I muffed the math in my example.  In reality the -4 bonus works out to

<25 territories = no bonus

25-29 territories = 1 unit

30-34 territories = 2 units

etc.

6. #6 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Ahh, that makes sense.  It would be silly but you could have each territory add a +1 to a series of "off the board" territories(max 1).  Then have a capital that provides a -n to those territories where n is representative of the number you want to set as the restriction.  Then if you have n+1 territories that territory fills with your color.  Then you could have that territory alone be a +1 place-able unit bonus.  Then make that territory a -1 to itself so that it turns off each turn if you don't meet the requirements.

I use this system to track the number of territories a player has on the board.  In Mario Kart each territory is a -1 to respawn.  The capital is a +1 to respawn.  This nets 0 until you lose your territory on the board, in which case it gets +1 added to it.  I think it's +3 and -3, but the effect is the same.  I also have a separate territory where each territory on the board is a +1 to "cheater" and it has a -1 to it, so if at any point you own more that 1 territory, it turns on an notices you cheated.  That territory then takes out your own capital.

It's kind of convoluted and sometimes has the issue of a turn delay, but it generally works.

7. #7 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Interesting!  It's amazing the convoluted stuff we can do with the basic tools that Tom has given us to play with.

8. #8 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Agreed.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)