0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (60 in total)
  1. #1 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

HI everyone,

Have you ever loved a board that had so little exposure that you ended up just having to see it die out? Or have you ever dug up an old board that looked like a blast, but you knew that starting a 5 player game would just take way too long? Or are you just someone who wishes to see a greater diversity of boards on this site? Well the Board Revival Group might be the perfect place for you!

I am looking for a solid group of players to come together to get intriguing boards, of all types, more exposure. Every month a randomly selected member of the BRG will state which board he wants to give more exposure. Over the course of the month at least 3 games will get started with the support of the BRG. At least one seat in each game will be left open for someone in the outside community to join. The exposure for this board will then start from within the BRG but then trickle out into the outside community.

If you are just focused on raising your GR or CPs as high as possible, then this might not be the place for you.  But if you are looking for a closely knit community that wants to purely have fun and test their competitive edge, then the BRG is perfect for you. In doing so you will likely find your new favorite map that you will now be able to climb the rankings on because of the resurgence of interest.

I believe this group could be very beneficial to this site. There is a lot of talk of a major flaw with the site being the laundry list of boards that just collect dust now, even though many of them are quite fun and took a lot of effort in making.  I think having a diverse list of active boards that are a blast to play  will definitely help in the attraction and retention of new players as well as the development of the site. This group is a proactive effort that could actually be a lot of fun at the same time. 

Although everyone is welcome to join, I want to especially invite board designers and veteran players who have poured out a lot of time and effort into this site. If you want to join or try it out just comment below and after a few weeks I will post the list of members and we can get started. Any comments or remarks are welcome, ALTHOUGH I DO NOT WANT TO TURN THIS FORUM INTO A DEBATE. IF YOU WISH TO DEBATE A TOPIC PLEASE START YOUR OWN FORUM.

2. #2 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Whelp, I thought it was a good idea.

3. #3 / 1197
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It's a good idea, and I would be interested. There are a lot of boards on WarGear that I haven't played in a very long time (and some that I have never played). So count me in.

4. #4 / 1197
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm not a veteran player, and I'm very slowly trying my hand in design, but it'd be interested in joining. I am limited to 10 games at a time, but can usually join a new game within a day or so. 

5. #5 / 1197
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Find a board you want to try, create the game and post the link here.  

I'll probably join if it is a 3 day game -

6. #6 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah Kjeld, there are almost 300 boards. Many hidden gems no doubt. Which is more of what the point of this is: discovering and exposing great maps to each other and to the outside community. This is not so I can just fill games I like quicker. 

You are most certainly welcome Cele Nica. Let me clear up my last post.  All players are definitely welcome to join. I mean I'm a new player myself and by joining you are helping expand our interactive community. 

Amidon I am taking that as you are in 😀.

7. #7 / 1197
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This would be great and I (and a lot of others) would likely be in if they could be un-ranked public games..

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

8. #8 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

This would be great and I (and a lot of others) would likely be in if they could be un-ranked public games..

What if we started the month out with a couple of private matches for the group and ended it with one or two public matches for anyone interested?

9. #9 / 1197
    Premium Member IRsmart
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I'm in! The more I look, the more 'forgotten' boards I find.

And there are some decent ones that have just faded away into the background.

10. #10 / 1197
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Abishai, you are clearly a force of good for this site. (10-player Ancient Isles - who does that? Someone awesome, that's who.) This idea nearly broke my self-imposed Wargear moratorium. As moral support, I offer a few perverse ideas for your group:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Escalation

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Battlestar

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Vertigo

These all had a small following dating all the way back to before this site existed and all are twisted attack-heavy games. I know the random person gets to select, so this is really just a warning of what will happen when I eventually join your group :)

Edited Tue 28th Apr 11:47 [history]

11. #11 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Glad to have you IRsmart.

12. #12 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote:

Abishai, you are clearly a force of good for this site. (10-player Ancient Isles - who does that? Someone awesome, that's who.) This idea nearly broke my self-imposed Wargear moratorium. As moral support, I offer a few perverse ideas for your group:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Escalation

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Battlestar

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Vertigo

These all had a small following dating all the way back to before this site existed and all are twisted attack-heavy games. I know the random person gets to select, so this is really just a warning of what will happen when I eventually join your group :)

Thank you for your kind words. I love vertigo, so I'm sure the others are great choices as well. Hopefully we will be seeing you around when this group gets started.

13. #13 / 1197
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm in.

14. #14 / 1197
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I'll join.  I need 3 day time limits on games, just because of work requirements, but I'll definitely participate.   And I love playing un-loved boards.  And I second Hugh's suggestion of Escalation.

15. #15 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Awesome! Glad to have you guys. We will definitely accommodate you guys with 3 day turn timers and if someone likes playing 1 day then we can always make multiple games.

16. #16 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

So once this group gets 12 members I say we can get started.  Right now we're at 8, including Amidon and Hugh ☺. This group is not going to be demanding. Im just encouraging peeps to join at least 1 game a month. So, that means we need 4 more! People will probably trickle in over time, so hopefully in a few months we will have closer to 20 members.

17. #17 / 1197
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Count me in.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

18. #18 / 1197
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

In a few weeks my work load will drop significantly. I'll go back to premium and would love to be in.  =)

19. #19 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Awesome Ratsy! Sounds good Itsnot.

20. #20 / 1197
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i just assumed i was already counted as "in" ;^)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (60 in total)