0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 26
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hey all,

Within the last 8 days, I’ve contracted covid along with my brother, nephew and 87yr old dad. I finally had a decent night’s sleep and woke up in a bit of a sweat, like I’d sweated out a virus, and feeling strong from the get-go this am. But for the 4 days prior, the virus caused me to have severe heart palpitations (where I could literally hear and feel my hearbeat) and that would go on for several hours each night until I simply reached exhaustion and fell asleep. Yesterday, when I woke up, my heart was literally aching from the abuse. Thankfully, I didn’t have that last night, so I hope I’ve turned the corner on the virus.

From my expereince, I think the virus acts in a similar way to Prednisone, where is searches your body for weakness, except instead of healing, it attacks. I say that because I had different symptoms the first few days before it settled on attacking my heart.

Anyway, hope this gives some info for those of you who haven’t encountered the virus or knows anyone that contracted it.

Good luck all and keep safe.

2. #2 / 26
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Oh man - that sounds awful. Thankfully I have not had any close hand knowledge of what it is like from someone who contracted it. Vere glad that you feel you are doing better. I am hoping the rest of your family is similarly doing ok. 

Take care!! 

3. #3 / 26
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Take care Thingol, all the best to you and your Family.

I've been fortunate so far, no cases among Family or friends.

4. #4 / 26
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's awful, but glad you seem to be turning a corner -- take care of yourself and your family, Thingol!

5. #5 / 26
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sorry to hear that Thingol.  I hope you and your family recovery fully and quickly.

6. #6 / 26
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Good lord, feel better Thingol! Glad to hear you are doing better and I sincerely hope you and your family beat this thing. Save all your sixes to roll against Covid!

7. #7 / 26
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts, Thingol. This disease is horrible.

To all of you in the USA, please vote.

8. #8 / 26
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. Doing better and better each day and the family is as well, though we keep a close eye on my dad as he goes up and down throughout the day, each day. I was given the option of coming off quarantine today, but I think I will keep under quarantine until Monday.

🤕

9. #9 / 26
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

My thoughts to you and your family, Thingol. 

10. #10 / 26
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Been thinking about you all Thingol - hope all is well enough -

11. #11 / 26
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thanks all. Although my brother, his son and I recovered, we lost my father this Monday morning. He’d been in the hospital for about 2 weeks after dealing with the virus from his home for roughly a week’s time. He had just been moved to ICU the last couple days and had restraints put on for atleast the last few days to keep him from pulling his Bipap mask off. Really, for the last several days, we had no contact with him as he was too weak to answer/talk/hear his phone and the hospital has a strict no visitor policy, even though my brother and I were in a rare state where we could not spread or be infected (the antibodies our bodies have built up should last atleast a couple months). We had tried to get a facetime with him near the end, but we could not find a nurse to assist us with that. It’s a very miserable and sad way to go for someone who has been vivacious his whole life. We all need to brace for another wave of the virus which seems to be hitting both US and Europe about now. Stay safe everyone and treat your parents well, as you just never know...

12. #12 / 26
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oh, no. My heart breaks for you and your family. I'm so sorry.

13. #13 / 26
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

My condolences. it's a terrible thing this virus is doing, keeping people away from their loved ones like that.

14. #14 / 26
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm very sorry to hear that, Thingol. Please accept my condolences.

If anything at all positive comes out of this whole experience, I hope it's that people have a renewed gratitude for everything and everyone that we too often take for granted, and that gratitude translates to greater caring and love.

15. #15 / 26
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I'm so very sorry for your family's loss, Thingol.  These are such sad times.  My deepest sympathies to you and your entire family.

16. #16 / 26
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Thingol -

My condolences to you and your family, that's a terrible situation to have to go through. 

My wife's aunt (completely unrelated to covid) was just diagnosed with a HUGELY aggressive cancer that immediately sent her to ICU, and she was given a prognosis of 6 weeks, at the absolute best.  Her husband who wants desperately to be with her in her final weeks of life, but because of covid there are some very strict policies that limit any interaction.  He's beside himself with grief, and it's even worse for her, I'm sure.

My heart breaks for you and my thoughts are with you.

17. #17 / 26
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

So sorry to hear that. I was fearful for bad news as I thought I noticed you weren't as active. Take care -

18. #18 / 26
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Really sorry to hear that Thingol. My condolences to you and your family. 

19. #19 / 26
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Holy shit... Thingol, my heart is heavy after hearing that. I wish there was something we could do for you to help you. But I know (unfortunately from personal experience) that it's hard to hear anything, let alone the good wishes of relative strangers. I hope that in time as you start to move on from your grief that you stumble back on this thread and see and appreciate the warmth and character of the community here. And know that you are a huge piece of why this community has this feel. 

Hopefully you and yours can take the time to clear the mind and body of negative sorrow, grief or concern -- allowing only those positive ones to remain to strengthen you with your father's love and memory.

May the love of those around you help you all through the days ahead, 

'top

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

20. #20 / 26
    Premium Member Templaribus
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I am so sorry, Thingol! So sorry... I am reading your loss now and it touches deeply in my heart. No one deserves the destruction that covid is spreading, specially not you, not your family and father. I am sure he was a great person just like you are. In a profound sense, he is still alive inside the best part that builds you. Love never dies.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)