Pages:   123456789»»»   (14 in total)
  1. #21 / 276
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    Raptor wrote:
    I love to listen to progressive rock and will make unsolicited suggestions at the drop of a hat. Go ahead ask.

So much for unsolicited.

;)

In the end, all things are squishy.

2. #22 / 276
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I am a husband and a father of a little girl. Im in my late 20's.

I have my Gas/Propane fitters licence & Oil burner technician license, I finished 2nd year of refrigeration apprenticeship, switched careers and went into telecommunications (as a service technician) for a "big" company so i could get a good pension, and spend more time with my family.

I enjoy camping (if there is a toilet its not camping!) fishing, panning for gold, playing poker(live and online), reading fantasy books, and have just started to get into genealogy. Favorite sport/team: Hockey/Ottawa Senators

I guess my beliefs are based in Christianity but I'm not a fan of organized religion.

KrocK comes from a nick name i got (originally K-Rock): K(letter of my first name) rocK (i used to work with a group of guys and the game was to get 80's rock songs into the other guys heads with out then knowing, my favorite was getting "Boys in the bright wight sports car - by Trooper" stuck into one guys head who hated that song, Ahh good times!)

3. #23 / 276
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Wait, you're her husband AND father? That's not healthy... ;-)

4. #24 / 276
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Haha yeah that dosent sound right...i have a wife and a daughter (not a daughter wife)

5. #25 / 276
    Standard Member idealspark
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

hahaha. nice. i'm 21. I attend school at UC Davis where i'm getting a BA in English. My goal is to become an english professor. My interests include philosophy, sports, and strategy games. I found this site last september and its made me quite happy.

Edited Thu 8th Apr 23:10 [history]

6. #26 / 276
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I have a funny and charming personality

It's a trap!

7. #27 / 276
    Standard Member mistasho
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I see a lot of familiar people from one other risk site! My username is mistasho but most of you know me as Frantz. I am a semi-pro poker player from canada. I prefer to play team games and tourneys so don't hesitate to invite me to those. 

8. #28 / 276
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ah Frantz! I don't recall having run into you before but you've been very impressive in the 300 tourney. By which I mean, you've been carrying our team all the way so far. Great to have you here!

It's a trap!

9. #29 / 276
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Bout time Frantz! what took you so long? :^P

and yes Frantz is a good teammate. we've destroyed quite a few maps together!

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

10. #30 / 276
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote: Bout time Frantz! what took you so long? :^P

and yes Frantz is a good teammate. we've destroyed quite a few maps together!

Agreed, weathertop and Frantz have crushed my dreams in many tournaments.  Good to see you mistasho.

In the end, all things are squishy.

11. #31 / 276
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I guess it is time for me to participate. I am also well educated, have a masters in mathematics and a bachelor in computer science. At one time I was working on a doctorate degree in mathematics which is where I met Mongrel and Master Bratac. I also know Amidon37, who I introduced to the site.

I use to play a bit on the other site, but was never interested in paying for it, as I got to play enough without doing so and even created maps on other peoples accounts. When I was working on my computer science degree, I created a risk style computer game with AI and wanted to port that game and the ability to create new boards to the web (I was surprised no site existed at that time). While I was planning this out and working on my doctorate degree, I was introduced to wf and decided to participate as that was less time consuming then working on my own site.

In my free time, I like to read science fiction/fantasy, travel, and remodel my 1850’s house. I grew up in New York, lived in Indiana and Michigan and am now back in my home town in New York.

I have several boards in the works, some started and others still floating in my head. I am in love with spies, vertigo, and plink, but find that I am not great at any of them. For a long time I had quit playing standard maps, but I have found that I still enjoy them and have started playing again.

12. #32 / 276
    Standard Member mistasho
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Thanls people for the comments. I was wondering, does anyone know if it's possible to change our profile name? I figured it would be easier for people to recognize me if I switched it to Frantz instead of mistasho. Any help would be appreciated. :)

13. #33 / 276
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

mistasho wrote: Thanls people for the comments. I was wondering, does anyone know if it's possible to change our profile name? I figured it would be easier for people to recognize me if I switched it to Frantz instead of mistasho. Any help would be appreciated. :)

You can't change it, ie no Setting.  tom may be able to on a case-by-case basis, but my understanding is that it's not something that he wants widely available (or at least not as free as WF).

14. #34 / 276
    Standard Member mistasho
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Thanks Yertle.

15. #35 / 276
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I would like to change my name to SnarkyTheWaterBuffalo if at all possible. Thanks and I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

The Status is NOT quo

16. #36 / 276
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: I would like to change my name to SnarkyTheWaterBuffalo if at all possible. Thanks and I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

What's that? We couldn't hear you. You'll have to turn down your radio.

... danger zone! ...

17. #37 / 276
    Standard Member miguelmarques
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hello, everybody!!!

I'm new at this, my name is Miguel and I'm from Lisbon- Portugal - SLBENFICA forever.

I wanted to play Risk II against other players online, but I don't understand very well this site yet.

PLEASE, IF ANIBODY CAN GIVE ME A HINT:

[email protected]

THanks.

Miguel

18. #38 / 276
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote: I also know Amidon37, who I introduced to the site.

And I thank you for it.

19. #39 / 276
    Standard Member bdf101
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

G'day, I'm bdf, standing for mouth of the fool. Now that somebody from outside America's introduced himself, I'll come out of the shadows.

I'm 18, a NZer (that's those blobs a bit to the right and below Australia), and live in Auckland. I go to university studying Engineering, and learning a bit of maths/german/french for fun. Currently second year, so not very good at any of the above.

Used to love reading Fantasy, got convinced to try Sci-Fi and got addicted to that too. A bit too busy these days though, with assignments and watching reruns of the IT crowd and Better off Ted.

Also would love to play D&D, but unfortunately as far as I'm aware, nobody plays in Auckland. Tried to play online, but that sadly petered off after 1.5 campaigns. Then somehow found my way here and now I'm really into Risk.

20. #40 / 276
    Standard Member Seige07
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Guess I should introduce myself as well. I'm a 25 year old Systems Engineer working in the VoIP world. I have a bachelors in Networking and Communications Management. I've always been into strategy games.

I was introduced to the site by Kjeld. He and I have known each other for years now. I've never been much of a board designer but I definitely enjoy playing.

Once I have a puzzel it's really hard for me to put it down. I couldn't fall asleep for about 3 hours last night because I was running the move permutations for Darts through my head.....which I guess is ok because with Mongrel's help we broke the map.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (14 in total)