0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 47
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

In Rockem Sockem my opponent had been attacking my head each turn but I had been steadily resupplying the head while gaining bonuses elsewhere.  When I felt I had enough of a bonus advantage, I placed all my units for a strike against his head but forgot to fortify my head which had 1 unit on it.  The other guy did his usual head strike which executed before mine and he won the game.

I have lost this way also.

2. #22 / 47
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    AttilaTheHun wrote:

In Rockem Sockem my opponent had been attacking my head each turn but I had been steadily resupplying the head while gaining bonuses elsewhere.  When I felt I had enough of a bonus advantage, I placed all my units for a strike against his head but forgot to fortify my head which had 1 unit on it.  The other guy did his usual head strike which executed before mine and he won the game.

I have lost this way also.

This is the reason my record on this board is so great.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

3. #23 / 47
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I was playing the Fall of Rome board and I had all of the Middle East plus the next bonus continent. Like 8 turns in a row I didn't realize until after I placed armies that I had missed one territory in the Middle East with 1 neutral on it costing me a 7 army bonus. 8 turns in a row! My wife was starting to think I had teretts with all the screaming night after night.

4. #24 / 47
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I was playing a team game with wonder woman who always uses purple like me. She picked first and three times during the game I placed all my armies on purple and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me attack.

5. #25 / 47
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

I did this same thing too! I got excited when I got all the territories in Rockem Sockem Robots, and loaded up to punch the head (capital) and just rushed, not noticing my opponent had hit me in the head the turn before and was going to be able to take me out (which he then did)!

Oh I was sick for days over that one! Good to know I'm not the only one! :)

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/41513

6. #26 / 47
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I read this thread and less than 5 min later did a pretty stupid mistake.

I think y'all are influencing me, even more than 7 years after you wrote about your own lapses in judgement, to not put too fine a point on it

7. #27 / 47
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

This is fantastic.

Also, I feel much better about many of my mistakes.

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

8. #28 / 47
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

This thread looks like a checklist for me.

Kjeld wrote:

Have you ever forgotten to turn in a card set on your turn, and then got eliminated before your next move?

Check

Kjeld wrote:

Have you ever accidentally transferred all your units into a dead-end territory?

Check. Doing a T attacking into a dead end, instead of a 3/A while trying for an elimination.

Kjeld wrote:

In this game of Five with Hugh, I marched blithely to my quick demise, never lifting a finger to defend myself. I probably should have read the rules, which clearly state in plain view on the right side of the board, "Top row fortifies to bottom row," but you know what? I didn't. {#emotions_dlg.sulk}

Check.

asm wrote: My favorite awful mistake is when I'm on a big-stack elimination run but my finger stutters on the keyboard and I hit '3' an extra time, resulting in moving 3 armies out of like 30 rather than all of them, and stopping me dead in my tracks.

I do this probably about once a week.

Check.

Amidon37 wrote: I just placed all my armies in a country bordering the one I meant to put them in. Of course I owned all of the around that one already. Nothing to do but fortify and wait for the next turn.

Check.

M57 wrote: After fortifying, I tried to go back into attack mode but it wasn't allowed. ..ON MY OWN BOARD!

Check. Well, minus the my own board part.

A related one that happened recently (and in a team game at that, which made it more embarrassing). Fort before placing all units, only to see that return to attack after fortify was off (while return to placement after attack was on). Units wasted.

BlackDog wrote:

On Civil War one time I was about to eliminate a player, he had 2 territories left with 1 army each, and 5 cards, cards were around 70 or 80.  His two countries appeared to border one another, and I attacked and transferred all 50 of my units into the first, which turned out to be bordered only by my territories.

Check. Except card values were not that high.

Related one:

Go for an elimination, only to be stopped near the end because one of the territories had a maximum unit count which you didn't account for, gifting the elimination to someone else. How about it happening twice in the same game? {#emotions_dlg.clap}

9. #29 / 47
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Go for an elimination, only to be stopped near the end because one of the territories had a maximum unit count which you didn't account for, gifting the elimination to someone else. How about it happening twice in the same game? {#emotions_dlg.clap}

Lol, I could probably say the same about that checklist, but this last one of yours takes the cake! :)

Edited Fri 23rd Mar 09:16 [history]

10. #30 / 47
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Here's my recent stupid mistake, move 1005:  http://www.wargear.net/games/player/613157 .

Luckily my error didn't cost me the game, but there have been others where it did

11. #31 / 47
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I still feel one of the most common recurring painful mistakes I have is hitting T meaning to hit A and trapping my whole army in a corner 

Like to play unique boards come join the Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

12. #32 / 47
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

After reading this, my daily mistakes seem so amateurish and stupid that I'm ashamed to even mention any.

13. #33 / 47
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

DeVine wrote:

After reading this, my daily mistakes seem so amateurish and stupid that I'm ashamed to even mention any.

You'll have to step up your game!

14. #34 / 47
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Like being one turn from elimination, and still forgetting what color I am, and placing all my units on my teammates territories? Twice?

15. #35 / 47
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Now that's some solid stuff

Like to play unique boards come join the Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

16. #36 / 47
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

That's classic DeVine - it's the main reason I can't be teammates with the other purple players like weathertop.

17. #37 / 47
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

it's the main reason I can't be teammates with the other purple players like weathertop.

and here i thought it was just cus a) I suck and/or b) you just don't like me ;P

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

18. #38 / 47
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

That's classic DeVine - it's the main reason I can't be teammates with the other purple players like weathertop.

with me it happens no matter what the colors are, it's only slightly more likely to happen if the colors are similar or my teammate took my color.

19. #39 / 47
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I still sometimes confuse a game's turn timer with the time remaining... not good.

20. #40 / 47
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

it's the main reason I can't be teammates with the other purple players like weathertop.

and here i thought it was just cus a) I suck and/or b) you just don't like me ;P

The purple color is the true struggle...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)