2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What in the world??? http://www.wargear.net/games/view/42415

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

2. #2 / 11
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

..a hollow victory to be sure.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 11
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I see that your forces fought valiantly to the win that game. May good luck continue to shine upon your reign.

Now we all have a little insight into how you became number 2.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

4. #4 / 11
    Standard Member sreg
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/42415

sigh. Could someone fix this? It's still listed on my games as live, even though it doesn't say that i'm in the game. Did it give you the win Yertle or are you still stuck with the game as well?

Edited Wed 29th Dec 13:37 [history]

5. #5 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So you did join that game right sreg?

No win, it just says it is my turn but the Flash Player fails due to number of players insufficient.  From what I can tell of the Starting Scenario everything is set right. 

Seat 2 should have the 2 territories in the Great Forest, but it looks like those have been allocated to me (assuming I am Seat 1).  Lock Seat Order is On with Color to Seat Off.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Odd... any idea how this came about? Is it just this game or all games on this board?

I deleted the game entry so it shouldn't appear in your list sreg.

7. #7 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Odd... any idea how this came about? Is it just this game or all games on this board?

I deleted the game entry so it shouldn't appear in your list sreg.

Looks like it's this Scenario, as it happened again in testing:  http://www.wargear.net/games/view/42556

Yurog got this message upon Joining:

You have successfully joined the game. The game has now started and it is now your turn. Click here to take your turn.

Fatal error: Insufficient seats available in scenario for this number of players

This one too (thought it may be related to Colors, so I selected the first two colors, but still bugged out): http://www.wargear.net/games/view/42557

Edited Wed 29th Dec 17:16 [history]

8. #8 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I haven't been able to find another board that breaks like this, I tested Risky's Force Unleashed and a Scenario of Zombie States.  Both have 1vs1 Scenarios that initiate correctly.

I'm fairly certain I tested that Scenario before I released it, although I'm not finding the game now, don't think it's been played Publically though (so not too big of issue either I assume :) ).

9. #9 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The reason for this problem is that there is a check when starting the game that there are enough scenario seats available for each player in the game. So if you have a starting position defined for one player you must have them defined for all the players in the game. This was done to ensure that game starts are fair (and you don't end up with a situation where a player starts the game with no territories at all).

So in other words you can either remove the starting position for one player or add one for the second player.

10. #10 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ahhh, k... That seems to make sense and safe...but not a fan of it either :P  Easy fix for this board though.  

Also I'll note it in the Help somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if this comes up in the future.

Thanks!!!

Edited Wed 5th Jan 11:03 [history]

11. #11 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I suppose I could remove that check, maybe check that the player has some territories allocated before starting the game instead...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)