184 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

How do I set a scenario up so that the first player gets, say, 1 bonus unit, 2nd player 2, etc. when the number of players can be anywhere from 2-6, the seat order is random, and I still want players to be able to choose their own colors?

I imagine it has to do with setting the starting bonus in the "Colors" tab, but I want to make sure it will work properly.

2. #2 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You can't... http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1315/Board_Designer_Colors_Tab

{#emotions_dlg.scratchchin}

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

3. #3 / 9
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

You can't... http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1315/Board_Designer_Colors_Tab

{#emotions_dlg.scratchchin}

My head exploded somewhere before the end of that thread. So I'm assuming that Tom chose not to resolve this issue? It seemed so straightforward to me...

4. #4 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

So I'm assuming that Tom chose not to resolve this issue?

I haven't heard anything else about it since my last rebuttal.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

Edited Fri 28th Jan 16:11 [history]

5. #5 / 9
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Couldn't you just have them not start with a bonus at all but have each player start with a number of units in the colors section and alter them?  They may not get to place the units but it would have the desired effect kinda.

OR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have the starting section of player 2 worth a bonus alone and then have the surrounding territories worth -1 if they own the starting location so they would get the bonus initially and then lose it and then it would have to be dealt with later in the game.

Many will say that is a stupid idea, and I would agree with them.

People Always Leave

6. #6 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Huh?

7. #7 / 9
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Huh?

What, have you forgotten how to translate Risky?

People Always Leave

8. #8 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

Couldn't you just have them not start with a bonus at all but have each player start with a number of units in the colors section and alter them?  They may not get to place the units but it would have the desired effect kinda.

OR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have the starting section of player 2 worth a bonus alone and then have the surrounding territories worth -1 if they own the starting location so they would get the bonus initially and then lose it and then it would have to be dealt with later in the game.

Many will say that is a stupid idea, and I would agree with them.

The first is what he wants to do (well actually he may want to give bonus unit(s) rather than a static bonus (link here?), not sure there.  But the thing is that it can't be done "safely" without locking colors to seats since the Bonus on the Colors tabs is locked to the Colors rather than the Seat numbers.

The second I do not know how to translate :P  Kinda lost me, but I think that also changes the board/game more than just the first round.

9. #9 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I haven't had a chance to look at changing the code to see how hard this would be... 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)