193 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I think it would be cool if there was some way of looking at rankings based on people's performance on maps created by the more prolific (say greater than 3) map makers.  For example it would be fun to know who has the highest combined ranking on, say, all of Riskyback's maps.  (From here on I'll use "Risky" to stand for any one of our wonderful mapmakers.)

Maybe the easiest way of doing this would be to just add player's CP's on all of Risky's maps and then produce a  #1 player, and give that player a custom Risky medal in an achievement system.  Or it would be fun to have a Rankings page (that has a drop down menu allowing you to switch betreen mapmakers) where you could see how every player stands on Risky maps - where we would have a "Risky CP's" and a "Risky GR".   

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's a neat idea!

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think rather than sorting by map maker it should be by style of the map.  Somebody could be very good at Gauntlet and not get WG:TG or Risky Kong II at all.  I am much more proud of the variety of play styles my maps have rather than the number of maps I have.  When the maps start being classified I think this is a logical next step.

Although, I would like some recognition for map makers.  This isn't an ego thing (if I really cared I'd make better maps) but more for friendly competition and to inspire one-time map makers to make more.  If you get your map as a "Map of the Week" or Highest Ranked it may get the creative juices flowing.  I know that right now I am tapped out.  I have 2 ideas I'm working on but haven't liked anything so far (sorry Yert, Ghostbusters is not working).

I speak just for me and I thank all of you who play my maps.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone else start a tourney on one of my maps or when I check the graphs and see that people are actually playing them.

With that I suggest you all start a game of Rent is Due Again because that is a fun map!

People Always Leave

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ghostbusters?  I want to see it!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)