4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Yesterday I entered in a new game design (Escalation) and got as far as finishing all the territories and continents.  I was doing a save regularly and saved when I was finished.  When I came back a few hours later to start entering the borders, my game was completely gone except for the thumbnail graphic on the page that lists the game designs.

The one thing unusual that I was doing that might have screwed things up was that I included Unicode characters in some of the territory names.

Can you check on this and see if my game can be recovered?  Otherwise I will start over and leave out the Unicode.

2. #2 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Red Baron - yes, it is the Unicode... the board data is all still there in the database, it's just it's erroring out when it's transmitting the Unicode.

I've been trying to fix this but have drawn a blank so far, in the interim I've blocked non-ASCII characters from being transmitted so you should be able to load the board. Will let you know when I've fixed this properly.

3. #3 / 6
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

So my ½-way decent Unicode Board © 2009 isn't gonna work?

4. #4 / 6
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It will, it'll just be renamed 'UNDEFINED-way decent Unicode Board ERRORERRORERROR 2009'

5. #5 / 6
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

ps RB - you may be better off waiting till I fix the problem else your territory names are going to be truncated when you next save the board. Should have something working tonight (i.e. your morning!)

6. #6 / 6
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This should be fixed now. I'm not 100% happy with the solution so will have to see how we go with it so please let me know if you bump into any more problems with Unicode characters.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)