188 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Saiyan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I posted in the suggestions forum but nobody was paying attention! so i thought i'd try again here.

I think it would be cool, (especially for maps with more graphical detail), to be able to have the option where instead of the nuetral always being gray you could have a total fog over just those territories.

This way if the map underneath is detailed and the nuetral count is a little higher, it won't be muddied up by a transparent gray

Does anybody think this would be a good feature to have?

"Welcome to the end of your life...and i promise you it's going to hurt."

"Welcome to the end of your life...and I promise you it's going to hurt"

2. #2 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

There has been talk of a Territory specific Fog, although that's a bit different.  There has also been suggested being able to set Neutrals to something other than gray, although that's a bit different too. 

Sounds like what you would want is a Neutral Image in which the board designer uploads an image of what Neutral Territories would appear as if that territory is Neutral, similar to Custom Fog image.

While could be cool for graphics, I do see that it could make for some difficult gameplay (ie not knowing where territories are) if not handled by the board designer correctly, and could add to confusion for newer players.  I probably would have said the same about Custom Fog though too, and for the most part boards have handled that fairly well.

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member Saiyan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Sounds like what you would want is a Neutral Image in which the board designer uploads an image of what Neutral Territories would appear as if that territory is Neutral, similar to Custom Fog image.

While could be cool for graphics, I do see that it could make for some difficult gameplay (ie not knowing where territories are) if not handled by the board designer correctly, and could add to confusion for newer players.  I probably would have said the same about Custom Fog though too, and for the most part boards have handled that fairly well.

Yes.

And if it was too confusing I would think that it wouldn't make it past board review

"Welcome to the end of your life...And i promise you it's going to hurt."

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

While I don't like the neutral color at all and would really like it changed, it needs to be the same all around.  I would like it to be some color or pattern that cannot be a color at all but I have no ideas for this.  I don't want diagonal lines or anything for neutrals but something would be nice.

So, I agree with you and disagree with you but I also agree to disagree with you and disagree to agree with you so really, we've accomplished quite a bit here.

Don't Piss Off Risky....
    It's bad for your bonus

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ditto.

6. #6 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

For technical reasons the neutral color can't be a pattern and there's no workaround for this unfortunately.

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

For technical reasons the neutral color can't be a pattern and there's no workaround for this unfortunately.

Translation = Not gonna happen.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)