202 Open Daily games
4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 21
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Amde-LBDUI7QdGNOVWJtQ1dJaWJHV1BUWEd0dEJGQ1E&hl=en#gid=0

I filled it out {#emotions_dlg.razz}  Who knows if it's filled out good or not {#emotions_dlg.suspicious}

I definitely think Difficulty is tough to judge, and perhaps I have way too many Intermediate and way too few Advanced.

Not sure if I really know what Abstract is or how it's different than Novelty (when Abstract I had it marked as also Novelty). 

Classic is actually a bit tough to define as well.  And can something be both Fictional and Geographical?

I assume Duel is where there is designed as 1vs1, not simply allowed as 2 players as well.

What is Tactical could also be debated I'm sure.

I tried to take into some account Scenarios as well.

Anyhow, I'm open to changes, so if anyone sees anything that should be updated just let me know and I'll change it or we can discuss it!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

2. #2 / 21
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I would call Project Resistance as "Advanced"

3. #3 / 21
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Brawl! not on that list.

4. #4 / 21
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Changed Project Resistance to Advanced.

Added Brawl! (at bottom)

He has risen!

5. #5 / 21
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

As boards are released, how will this update?

6. #6 / 21
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

IMO you need to lower the bar for advanced.  What is advanced about Spy v Spy?  I'm not saying it shouldn't be labeled as advanced, but if Spy v Spy is difficult then Appomattox is at least advanced.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

7. #7 / 21
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

IMO you need to lower the bar for advanced.  What is advanced about Spy v Spy?  I'm not saying it shouldn't be labeled as advanced, but if Spy v Spy is difficult then Appomattox is at least advanced.

I could probably agree with that.  I think I had Spy at Intermediate and went back and changed it to Advanced because I didn't really have many {#emotions_dlg.blackeye}.  I would say the combo of Maxes, Limited Attacks, Capitals, Modifiers, Abandon all lead to the thinking that Spy should be Advanced.

I agree, with this reasoning Appomattox seems like it should definitely be Advanced too.  Changed!

One negative is that I did this in a few settings, so my thought process probably changed some since I've had a tough time distinguishing between Intermediate/Advanced.

He has risen!

8. #8 / 21
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Spot-checked a couple:

Capitalism's definitely Novelty

Total Wargear's got Hordes

9. #9 / 21
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Is there some way we could have like, 10 or 20 prominent and experienced members vote on the map difficulty? That might be easier than everyone just throwing out their opinion. ? 

(it looks good though, nicely done!) Gila Mongers is pretty much the same a Spy vs. Spy, seems like they should be the same difficulty.

Grace and Peace to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Chirst
    Edited Mon 2nd May 18:57 [history]

10. #10 / 21
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BTdubs wrote:

Spot-checked a couple:

Capitalism's definitely Novelty

Total Wargear's got Hordes

Added Hordes to Total WarGear.

Is Capitalism Novelty?  I had a tough time with Novelty as tom had actually described it as:

Novelty (e.g. pinball, arcade style games)

Added as Novelty unless someone comes up with a reason it shouldn't be.

Updated Gila Monsters to Advanced.

I would assume/believe Difficulty will be set by the Review crew?

He has risen!

11. #11 / 21
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Classic is actually a bit tough to define as well.  And can something be both Fictional and Geographical?

I have no idea what Classic means, but I think Fictional & Geographical makes sense.  I think these would both apply for any overhead map of a fictional place - like a map of the world of warcraft, or a middle earth map.

Edited Mon 2nd May 21:52 [history]

12. #12 / 21
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I have no idea what Classic means, but I think Fictional & Geographical makes sense.  I think these would both apply for any overhead map of a fictional place - like a map of the world of warcraft, or a middle earth map.

For the most part I was thinking Geographical is based on Earth but with a fairly loose definition... for example Apocalypse Now is not really layout of the Earth, but it has an Earth setting so Geographical, same for Fallout/Road Warrior.  Whereas Ancient Isles of Kjeldor and Lord of the Gears are completely fictional.

Classic I think I was attempting to mainly take into account layout of bonuses (and few Modifiers/Crazy Borders)...mainly your Command and Conquer type boards.

He has risen!

13. #13 / 21
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

For the most part I was thinking Geographical is based on Earth but with a fairly loose definition... for example Apocalypse Now is not really layout of the Earth, but it has an Earth setting so Geographical, same for Fallout/Road Warrior.  Whereas Ancient Isles of Kjeldor and Lord of the Gears are completely fictional.

Classic I think I was attempting to mainly take into account layout of bonuses (and few Modifiers/Crazy Borders)...mainly your Command and Conquer type boards.

These kind of criteria need to be agreed upon and documented to give reviewers guidelines.

By your definitions, Classic isn't so much a Map style as it is a descriptor of play type.  This is fine, but it will be confusing unless defined.  Perhaps starting another thread is in order to hash this out.

BAO alternative:

14. #14 / 21
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

By your definitions, Classic isn't so much a Map style as it is a descriptor of play type.  This is fine, but it will be confusing unless defined.  Perhaps starting another thread is in order to hash this out.

Aye, and it can be completely redefined.

I think this would be a good thread to hash this out.

tom wrote:

Classic (simple Risk like boards)

Which is why I went with Command/Conquer gameplay as Risk-like rather than simply based off the original Risk board (which looks like what WF was going to define "classic" as)

He has risen!

15. #15 / 21
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Jigler wrote:

Is there some way we could have like, 10 or 20 prominent and experienced members vote on the map difficulty? That might be easier than everyone just throwing out their opinion. ? 

Agree here.  Probably easiest to cross-reference how many players have played the largest % of maps on the site.  How many players have played all maps?

16. #16 / 21
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I've updated the Board Tags here on WarGear to reflect what's currently on the Google doc.  I'm open to updating and changing still, so continue to leave feedback and make suggestions.  (If you change the Google doc then please highlight/leave a note so that I can make the change here.)

Note: To me it looks like the Difficulty filtering is working, but I cannot get the Tag filtering to work (I see the correct tags per board in the Info pop-ups though).

He has risen!

17. #17 / 21
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

(tree of death seems like a difficult)

18. #18 / 21
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Jigler wrote:

? You mean Advanced?

He has risen!

19. #19 / 21
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Jigler wrote:

? You mean Advanced?

? You mean Tree of Life?

I would say intermediate at most.  This is a complicated board in the sense that it is hard to see the continents, but that's only because of the semi-escher visual with a hordes-like bonus structure.  Other than that it's straight ahead, right?  No dice mods, transporter boarders, artillery, max unit caps, abandon, capitals, etc..  Is fog default?

BAO alternative:

20. #20 / 21
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

yes Yertle, advanced

no M57, Tree of Death

:)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join