191 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Anyone else been to cartographersguild.com?  I just stumbled across it looking for stuff for the Pangaea contest, but from what little I've explored it seems really useful. 

Tutorials for map making:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?4987-Tutorials-in-PDF-Format

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?2557-Award-Winner-Making-maps-in-Photoshop

They've also got forums and even a regular themed map-making contest like we have started with Pangaea.   I haven't had a chance to dig too deep, but the stuff I did look at was pretty intense.  One map making tutorial even used a hyrdrological modeling application to determine where the rivers would go!

2. #2 / 4
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah i actually just joined them last week! was actually trying to follow their how-to on creating a textured (i.e. forested/mountained) land for my pangea map.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 4
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:I haven't had a chance to dig too deep, but the stuff I did look at was pretty intense. 

I've been there a few times, but this is pretty much the feeling I get {#emotions_dlg.razz}.  They seem more hardcore than I tend to get... and I go through my boards pixel by pixel!

Or at least that's the quick feeling I get.  But I do bet there is some amazing info there.  Would be a great resource.

I'm unsure of their policy for using images from there, anyone ran across that?

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

4. #4 / 4
    (. )( .) Boobies Electric Monk
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm a member there, they have some good tutorials for those wanting to learn how to use Photoshop. I would guess they have some for Paint.net as well, but I haven't lloked through the tutorials for a while.

I love Risky boards :)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)