2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

There are times when I'm playing a game and I'm get confused, or forget about some aspect of how the board plays, like the assimilation percentage.  If it's not in the description, there's no way to find out.  I think it would be nice if there was a link to the design page that all players could access.  One advantage of this is that potential new designers might be inspired by seeing how it is done.

I realize there is already a "board" tab in the game, but it's not the same. 

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

2. #2 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I thought there used to be a link on the Board Page to the Designer, I agree there should be one.  Of course you can still get there the "hard" way by finding out the Board ID and then manually entering the address, but that's not too convenient.

Theoretically I think the information should really be accessible in the Flash Player without having to go to the Board Designer, but a link would be a quick work around.  As long as players still can't modify/save anything on the Designer page of the board (which I believe is already a safety mechanism).

P.S. Assimilation is in the Rules section of the Flash Player under Initial Setup.  But there are a few things not in the Flash Player (although all the Rules should be I believe, with one broken one :p).

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

I thought there used to be a link on the Board Page to the Designer, I agree there should be one.  Of course you can still get there the "hard" way by finding out the Board ID and then manually entering the address, but that's not too convenient.

Theoretically I think the information should really be accessible in the Flash Player without having to go to the Board Designer, but a link would be a quick work around.  As long as players still can't modify/save anything on the Designer page of the board (which I believe is already a safety mechanism).

P.S. Assimilation is in the Rules section of the Flash Player under Initial Setup.  But there are a few things not in the Flash Player (although all the Rules should be I believe, with one broken one :p).

I agree here.  The info should be summarized as a rule.

4. #4 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I added a link to the game view page (just by the board name).

5. #5 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Can this be added to the Board View page as well?  Ie http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/9+Blocks

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

6. #6 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote:

Can this be added to the Board View page as well?  Ie http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/9+Blocks

Yup done.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)