173 Open Daily games
4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member Sun Tzu Jr
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Is there a way to change which of the image layers is used for the tumbnail image for a design?  My "West Egg" map ( http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/2206 ) looks really white in the thumbnail.  I guess it's using the color layer but knocking out the transparent areas.  It would be nice to ignore the transparency for the thumbnail or to use the fog image instead.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I couln't find a discussion on how to actually fix it.  I also don't see too many other maps with the same issue, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.  Otherwise my map functions correctly.

Thanks

2. #2 / 6
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just change the colors in the fill layer to something non-white that works with the rest of your map. As long as they're solid areas of same-colored pixels, the actual color doesn't matter.

3. #3 / 6
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Sweet, thanks.  Now do I have to un-submit the board in order to change it?

4. #4 / 6
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

No, graphic updates with happen automatically.  This includes the review game and everywhere else.  This may take some time to update within your browser as the image is cached so try to clear cache and you will see a change to the thumbnail.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

5. #5 / 6
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Worked, thanks.   I only asked that because when I enter the board designer for that board, I get a pop-up warning that seems to say that I can only change the board description  now that it has been submitted.  Obviously that's not the case, maybe it used to be true or something.

6. #6 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Sun Tzu Jr wrote:

Obviously that's not the case, maybe it used to be true or something.

Nope, it's just to scare you :P  In a Live state that warning is true, in the Review state it's more of a caution/probably let the Review team know of the changes.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)