182 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

So I've run into this a few times recently, and I'd like one of you more well versed players to tell me the shortcut:

Middle of a game, I'm on the attack
    I eliminate a player
    I see the window that explains that I eliminated them, and what cards/reserves I've picked up
    Then I get the window that asks me to decide how many units I want to fortify.

In my experience, from that window, I can't get to any of the other tabs of the player window.
    That means I can't check my cards to see what I'm now able to trade.
    Or maybe I want to confirm that a given border exists so that I don't fortify myself into a dead end.
    But because the player is waiting for me to choose a number to fortify, I can't get to those other screens.

Only way I know how to do this is to open another window and view the Game Information (can't open the player, because it will bring you right back to the same fortify screen) to see my cards, and then go to the actual boards section and bring up the information about the board to confirm borders.

Is there an easier way to do this that I haven't found?

2. #2 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i've wanted a fix for this for some time now too. and that is the only way i've been able to do it. unfortunately i can't get to anything useful that way other than border checking. i can't see which cards i hold now, where the card level is, history, etc.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 12
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

From the game information page (My Games | Click on game name, not the arrow that routes you directly to the player)
    In the information spreadsheet on the left it'll say "Next Card Set Worth", and the red value is what cards will be worth.
    On the bottom where the players are listed, it will show you how many cards you have and what they are (A, B, C).

But definitely the history is unavailable.

4. #4 / 12
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You guys have the right work arounds Frown

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

5. #5 / 12
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

That wasn't the response I was hoping for, Y.  You're supposed to be able to cross-check your huge list of tips and tricks and find me a simpler way, like you normally do:

"Just click on the button in the bottom right of that window that you've never seen (because you have below average intelligence), and it will do exactly what you want."

6. #6 / 12
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The simpler solution is to check borders before hand and know what cards you have so that you don't have to look after the elimination.  This has been my tactic as I don't like to open another window with the board to check borders or cards.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

7. #7 / 12
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

The simpler solution is to check borders before hand and know what cards you have so that you don't have to look after the elimination.  This has been my tactic as I don't like to open another window with the board to check borders or cards.

Like Boris, I would prefer Yertle to tell us dilettantes about the features that are already there that instantly make our wishes come true.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

8. #8 / 12
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's a tricky one as the Player has to force you to decide how many units to fortify. It has to be a modal dialog (not allowing other interaction) as otherwise you could start selecting other territories / phase buttons and then potentially lose the free fortify move inadvertently.

9. #9 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

and if it's a fogged game where you don't know you're about to eliminate someone? :^)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

10. #10 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

It's a tricky one as the Player has to force you to decide how many units to fortify. It has to be a modal dialog (not allowing other interaction) as otherwise you could start selecting other territories / phase buttons and then potentially lose the free fortify move inadvertently.

that sucks, cus i have been known to want it in more than just elimination situations. but i somewhat understand...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

11. #11 / 12
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

If the state machine of the player doesn't allow it, I certainly understand.
    Just wanted to get it on record as it having been requested.

And, as always, thanks Tom for your diligence in trying to satisfy our every wish.

Edited Wed 13th Jul 09:21 [history]

12. #12 / 12
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

How 'bout this for a solution?  The elimination pop-up window that shows captured cards also shows the cards you have and displays the current set trade value.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Wed 13th Jul 09:59 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)