2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 26
    Standard Member Djembe
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I'm highly unimpressed by this sort of behavior - it strikes me as very unsporting and it's a poor advertisement for the site when a player tries to extend a game pointlessly just to annoy another player. Should this player be banned?

This behavior is clearly unacceptable. I think he should first receive a warning and be banned if he does it again.

If you think he is also using multiple accounts illegally, then these accounts sould be banned immediatly.

2. #22 / 26
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Djembe wrote:
    tom wrote:

I'm highly unimpressed by this sort of behavior - it strikes me as very unsporting and it's a poor advertisement for the site when a player tries to extend a game pointlessly just to annoy another player. Should this player be banned?

This behavior is clearly unacceptable. I think he should first receive a warning and be banned if he does it again.

If you think he is also using multiple accounts illegally, then these accounts sould be banned immediatly.

+1 for both comments.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

3. #23 / 26
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

The cat that plays with it's food is not breaking any rules.   Personally, I am much more concerned about abusive language and cheating than choice of gaming ethics.

Besides, this is one of the reasons there's a surrender feature.  There are currently a number of mechanisms in place that can serve to curb this type of behavior.  Members can "unfriend" players in a number of ways on this site.  Six or seven of us could post on the player's wall with the suggestion that his play in that game has been noticed.   Once the cat gets bored, it stops.  This player may never do this again.  I don't think you should become that concerned about it until there's a consistent pattern and the player has been warned by the community.

Again ..there's a surrender feature.  Technically, this is a non-issue.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

4. #24 / 26
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Fair comment M57... I can't prove use of multiple accounts in this case but I thought the behavior was unethical.

5. #25 / 26
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I personally think a ban is just a little too harsh, but a warning definately.  Perhaps you could add a line in the uses of the site that unsportmanlike behavior will not be tolerated and continued unsportsmanlike behavior can result in a ban from the site.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

6. #26 / 26
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good idea - I have updated.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)