178 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

So tonight my family opened up a Time Capsule.  On Christmas in 1986, we all put a couple/few things inside, as well as a letter addressed to ourselves 25 years into the future.  My uncle also went around videotaping everyone and that video tape was included.

So, what was I doing on Christmas night in 1986?  The video tape shows me playing RISK with my cousins!  It was the board game Castle RISK, actually, but still RISK nonetheless.  Many of my family members play on TOS (sadly, they haven't transitioned over to WG despite my attempts) and we all just bust out laughing when that clip came up.

Just had to share!!

Oh, for the really curious - my items in the time capsule were a couple packs of unopened baseball cards from 1986, and an unopened Transformer (Swerve - from Series 3 I think).   For some reason in my letter to myself I put that in 1986 a candy bar cost 35 cents and a postage stamp was 22 cents.

Edited Sat 24th Dec 23:51 [history]

2. #2 / 4
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

haha. Classic!

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Cona that's awesome bud, hope you had a good christmas eve and christmas day tomorrow, and to my fellow chosen people haha happy hanukkah.  To everyone of every religion i hope you all have the day off where you can rest and be with your loved ones.  Happy Holidays WG!!!

4. #4 / 4
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for sharing.  Cool story and a neat idea.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)