185 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Create a Private game and Invite a player.  After the game is created Invite another player before the original has Joined (so game hasn't started yet).  The new player has a Status of "0" instead of "Invited". 

If the original invited player joins, the joined player gets an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error page and the game breaks, .  The game does initialize and looks like this: http://www.wargear.net/games/join/4769 (that game it started out as Yurog's turn even though he was in the second slot and Yertle never took a turn, Yurog can't actually Play though, only the Join page is present for the game) or this http://www.wargear.net/games/join/4773 (Yertle's turn but no way to actually Play).  I can view the game on the My Games tab and they show as if it's my turn.

If the second invited player joins then the game still freezes and looks like this: http://www.wargear.net/games/join/4772 (Yurog has Joined (I think I had clicked Joined, but perhaps not), but has only the Leave Game button).

Yertle as the host cannot Delete the game either once another player is Invited.  Dunno what happens on your end tom.

I think that's all I got for now, maybe it's just something I've done, but something seems pretty wacky here (and it's not even Wednesday!).

Yertle is here.
    Edited Thu 3rd Dec 10:50 [history]

2. #2 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Looks also like test games in a Development state, the Host still has a Delete button (although I'm fairly certain the games still break like described above), then when the game is Deleted you get this: http://www.wargear.net/games/join/4781 .

(PS sorry for all the email invites to a private game :P)

Yertle is here.
    Edited Thu 3rd Dec 10:51 [history]

3. #3 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hehe, and if you try to manually get to the Flash Player you get an error when loading the Flash "Player data does not tally with number of players" which goes beyond the box of the Error window :P

Yertle is here.

4. #4 / 13
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

More info on this:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/join/4734
    When I clicked on the game, Kjeld was the host, Yertle and Risky were 'Joined,' I was 'Invited,' and Vataro and Toaster were '0' (as they are now). When I clicked Join, I didn't get an error or anything, I just got a blank page. Went back to the game from my Games list and can't load the player even though My Games shows it's My Turn and I have One Turn Waiting.

I agree with "Cram-Chackle"

5. #5 / 13
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The error might have occurred because I did two separate rounds of invites. I first invited four people -- me, Yertle, asm, and Risky -- and then later also invited Vataro and Toaster when I got impatient, as I figured one of them might log in again before asm got around to joining.

6. #6 / 13
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm sure that is the case.

But you should be able to do that.

And, sorry about that. As Reich noted a while back, if you don't click thru to the game you're invited to from the email you get, and you don't look at the right page on the My Games tab, you'd never know you were holding somebody up.

7. #7 / 13
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Nasty one. Sorry guys, this should now be fixed.

Let me know gameids for any games that need terminating.

8. #8 / 13
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Will do, thanks. Kuh-yeld, wanna start another dev game? I like that map - just make sure you invite plenty of people because I've only got a shot to win if Vataro doesn't join.

9. #9 / 13
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Who is this Reich person you keep referring too?

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

10. #10 / 13
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Reich, as in third Reich, as the one old grumpy dude with only one ball and a small mustache?  {#emotions_dlg.disturbed}

think he mentioned somewhere that he was expecting this to come up (Granted it was on a 4 page thread...)   Wink

Don't Taze Me Bro!

11. #11 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Who is this Reich person you keep referring too?

The only person that just HAD to change his name when coming to WarGear {#emotions_dlg.shakehead}

Yertle is here.

12. #12 / 13
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle has been my internet-self for far longer than Warfish has been around. I really don't know why I went with Reich there. It's the only place on the whole interwebz that I did. I think because my fantasy football team was called "The Fourth Reich" at the time I joined WF. If it's too foncusing for you kids, just call me Joe and then I'll answer to the same thing at either place.

Cram it.

13. #13 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Great now we have 3 names! :P Cram works from now on from me :)

Yertle is here.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)