188 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

whats the rules/laws on bringing my dr. suess board playable to the public here on wargear.
    not at all clear on what steps to take to find out if i can make it happen?
    not that it's ready yet, just wondering if all the work i put in will be playable for all here?

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I think it's less of a problem here than on ToS because the map designers aren't trying to make any money off their boards. But i'm not sure of the official rules either.

3. #3 / 4
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Tom said if he got a letter from a law firm he'd take down a map.  I don't think he will want to deal with it.  That said, I doubt anyone is going to complain. There are a lot of maps that are inspired by copyrighted works here.  Dr. Seuss won't be the first.

IMO, if a map has to get taken down, there should be an effort to redo the images so that the gameplay is preserved with different images.

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Tom said if he got a letter from a law firm he'd take down a map.  I don't think he will want to deal with it.  That said, I doubt anyone is going to complain. There are a lot of maps that are inspired by copyrighted works here.  Dr. Seuss won't be the first.

IMO, if a map has to get taken down, there should be an effort to redo the images so that the gameplay is preserved with different images.

thanks this makes me feel a lot better.:)

Edited Tue 10th Apr 15:24 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)