185 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Snoochie Boochies
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

As you can see in my Castlevania map the territories are covering the actual picture, is there a way to when people look at the map that the territories are see through but when they play to have it fill in

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/3272

2. #2 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You can use the background image as your fog image also.  I think that will get you closer to what you are looking for.

3. #3 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

0.o ohhhhh you know I never bothered clicking on that before :) thats exactly what Im looking for!

4. #4 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

OK maybe Im missing it, I tried uploading an image for the fog image and Neutral, but its not doing what I want. How do I get the territories to have something other then white http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/3618

I want it to she the actual background image for fog and when people look at the map on the selection screen, I hope that makes sense

I have the image and tried uploading it but its not changing anything visually that I can tell

5. #5 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hrm.  I haven't dealt with this particular issue much, but I have some ideas.   Unfortunately, I'm not sure if what you want to do is really possible.  I think on the selection screen it doesn't show the fog map.  It shows the fill map, with the game map over top of it.  You can put different colors other than white in the fill map.  You can pick colors from the background image, but of course they have to be solid colors for each territory.  You could also make the game map lay over the territories, but be mostly transparent, so the image will show up some but not 100%.

6. #6 / 8
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Snoochie Boochies wrote:

I want it to she the actual background image for fog

I see no reason that this shouldn't work right -- your fog image looks right.

and when people look at the map on the selection screen, I hope that makes sense

Currently, there is no way to do this that I am aware of.  When people are browse different boards, thecolors in the fill map are shown.  In yours, it is white.   You can change the colors to "highlight" continents etc.  Of course, no one will see these colors in actual gameplay because they are filled with player colors, neutral colors, or become transparent down to the fog image.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sun 29th Apr 06:19 [history]

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Are you trying to do what Wheel of Gears does? http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Wheel+of+Gears

Which I think is by having your Board image as normal, your Fill image is actually light transparent colors (or something like that) and then the Fog image as the rest of the Board (which I think you have)...so I think it would work if you just make your Fill image with a transparent continents.  I think this can have some drawbacks though as it may make it more difficult to identify where the territories actually are since they are similar/the same as the overall background image.

8. #8 / 8
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for that info Yertle.  I did not know that the fill image could use transparency.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)