3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey all, 

I would like to see a blue 1st place prize ribbon, Green 2nd place prize ribbon and Red 3rd place prize ribbon on the maps that have been etered and won map making competitions. These ribbons would show up with the thumbnail of the map in the board browser or whatnot. 

This will help people to identify the awesome, and make us lowly game makers feel good. 

Thanks!

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member 3EyedTitan
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think this is a good idea. However, I would be more supportive of maybe a medal or trophy thumbnail on just the map that gets first place.  Over time this would help new people to the site find fun and interesting maps quick.

The reason why I say "on just the map that gets first place" is because in the lego map competition there are a few map makers participating at most.  In the Dr. Seuss competion there were only three as well (not complaining).  The first place prize system would add another competitive aspect and a bigger sense of gratification to the person who wins.

3. #3 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like this idea.  I think showing 1st,2nd,3rd is better.  Maybe make the icons for 2nd & 3rd smaller than 1st. 

The first two map-making competitions had 6 entrees, so even though lately they have been a bit smaller, they are often more than 3 entrees.

And if there are just 3 entrees, I think that shows that the theme was a difficult one to design for.  If only 3 people could come up with a map that passes review for that theme, than that is a bit of an accomplishment, even for the map in 3rd.

Finally, I really like this idea, because I think it will be a big encouragement for more people to enter into the map making competition, and this competitions are a lot more fun with more contestants.

4. #4 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good idea - added to the feature request list.

5. #5 / 6
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I might propose putting that ribbon in the trophy cabinet of the winning map maker.  It's an accomplishment that they deserve to be able to show off.

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ohh, I like that.  +1

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)