2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 35
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Board authors,

Upon looking at the boards browse page (which is flushing out nicely), it has become apparent that we ought to start using some different colors than white as our fill "mask". Something that doesn't look so stark in the thumbnails. Since we don't need to use any one particular color, I'm going to suggest that everyone just pick something that looks ok on their own board for each board. Of course, use something you can keep track of and work with easily, but they should be in their own layer anyway.

Cram it.

2. #2 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's an awesome idea!

3. #3 / 35
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Agreed.

4. #4 / 35
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

A fine suggestion. However, I would much prefer to have the option to upload my own custom board thumbnail. That way, I could zoom in for a close-up, color things as I like, and crop out things like board instructions that don't look good in a thumbnail.

5. #5 / 35
    Soot and Poo Cumberdale
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Cram, this is a fantastic idea. Would anyone have a problem if I took a dark shade of red? it tends to be a recurring theme on my boards. :)

Although I really like Red's input as well. I'd done a few boards on another site like Mortal Kombat and Hell on Earth (Doom) where using mods's and replacing images i made the thumbnail look the title screen from video games.

6. #6 / 35
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I don't get it? Somebody enlighten this monkey because really, I have no idea what the frak you guys are talking about. I don't have to have my territories white for fill to work?

The Status is NOT quo

7. #7 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: I don't get it? Somebody enlighten this monkey because really, I have no idea what the frak you guys are talking about. I don't have to have my territories white for fill to work?

Nope, it can be any color (same rules though, it fills only through the exact match color).

Edited Tue 8th Dec 11:10 [history]

8. #8 / 35
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    RiskyBack wrote: I don't get it? Somebody enlighten this monkey because really, I have no idea what the frak you guys are talking about. I don't have to have my territories white for fill to work?

Nope, it can be any color (same rules though, it fills only through the exact match color).

And for that matter, every territory can be a different color.

Your fill will spread across all the contiguous pixels which have the exact same color.

Cram it.
    Edited Tue 8th Dec 11:12 [history]

9. #9 / 35
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Does it have to be the same color all through out the map? Do I have to make all my territories yellow or can I have them be lots of different colors as long as that one territory is all the same color? How come I didn't know about this? Why do girls where Ug Boots in the winter......or at all for that matter?

The Status is NOT quo

10. #10 / 35
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Red Baron wrote: A fine suggestion. However, I would much prefer to have the option to upload my own custom board thumbnail. That way, I could zoom in for a close-up, color things as I like, and crop out things like board instructions that don't look good in a thumbnail.

I also like this idea. I would suggest that the thumbnail still be representative of the board so that people can see what it is at a glance. While Cumber's DOOM and Mortal Kombat maps were pretty cool, it did require taking the lid off the box, so to speak, to see what the game actually is.

Cram it.

11. #11 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You're a monkey is why you didn't know. What are Ug Boots? Cram answered the others :P

12. #12 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    Red Baron wrote: A fine suggestion. However, I would much prefer to have the option to upload my own custom board thumbnail. That way, I could zoom in for a close-up, color things as I like, and crop out things like board instructions that don't look good in a thumbnail.

I also like this idea. I would suggest that the thumbnail still be representative of the board so that people can see what it is at a glance. While Cumber's DOOM and Mortal Kombat maps were pretty cool, it did require taking the lid off the box, so to speak, to see what the game actually is.

Aye, the map preview and Board Image would somehow need to be directed to the actual board image and not the thumbnail, which would then be a bit confusing possibly (although I do really like what Cumber had started doing on WF).

13. #13 / 35
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:  What are Ug Boots?

http://tinyurl.com/ygzdv8b

Cram it.

14. #14 / 35
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:  Why do girls where Ug Boots in the winter......or at all for that matter?

A better question is "Why do they wear them in the summer... with a skirt?" Though, I'm not complaining, I rather like the look. It must be all the beer and snow talking.

Cram it.

15. #15 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    Yertle wrote:  What are Ug Boots?

http://tinyurl.com/ygzdv8b

Loser.  {#emotions_dlg.violin}

Edited Tue 8th Dec 11:22 [history]

16. #16 / 35
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Yertle wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote:

Aye, the map preview and Board Image would somehow need to be directed to the actual board image and not the thumbnail, which would then be a bit confusing possibly (although I do really like what Cumber had started doing on WF).

Perhaps the two suggestions could be combined.  We should color our territories, and then permit the designer to choose a crop rectangle that will display the subset of the board that makes the most attractive thumbnail.

17. #17 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I updated Planet Yertle, although the Map Preview (click on the thumbnail image) doesn't show it as Green, that may get updated at some point.
    Battle USA looks cool (transparent) in the Map Preview.

18. #18 / 35
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: I updated Planet Yertle, although the Map Preview (click on the thumbnail image) doesn't show it as Green, that may get updated at some point.
    Battle USA looks cool (transparent) in the Map Preview.

It gets updated when you refresh while on that page. Otherwise it pulls the image from your cache.

Cram it.

19. #19 / 35
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

So if I have a straight line and I color sections different colors I could make those territories without any border disruption in the game? Meaning that if someone was red and took 2 of the territories it would look like 1 long red line and not 2 red sections?

The Status is NOT quo

20. #20 / 35
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That would be pretty cool

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)