184 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

is it possible to invite people to public games or is that only for private games?

2. #2 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Only for private -

but I would like to be able to do so0

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah...that's a tough call. I would like to do so as well as I enjoy playing against the best players out there. But the downside is that some would take advantage of it to beat up on the same folks and inflate their ranking/wins. And it would probably result in too many players only playing with their certain group/clique of players, which is not a healthy thing for a growing site.

4. #4 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

We're talking about inviting - not "reserving a seat for" or "forcing to play against" -

I see this as something you can do anyways* (see below), so it would be nice if it was set-up to facilitate it -

* Say I create a public game and I would like it if you joined - so I PM you or write on your wall -

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

As the functionality already exists for tournaments, doesn't seem like a huge investment for Tom to add it. If it causes problems, it can be removed. Seems very convenient for getting team games going, too.

6. #6 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

smoke wrote:

As the functionality already exists for tournaments, doesn't seem like a huge investment for Tom to add it. If it causes problems, it can be removed. Seems very convenient for getting team games going, too.

Agree that there's a double-standard if it is not available for regular games.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

well i for one would like to see it happen. i realize there is potential for abuse but it would be nice to be able to invite people to play and still keep it a public game. in my opinion i don't think it would be abused. like what amidon said, there is already a loop hole with the chat board and or posts on walls. so i don't see why this could'nt be added. i would not want seats reserved though, it should still be first come first serve, and maybe not allowed for two player games. anyway thanks for listening, and responding to the post.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)