189 Open Daily games
4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member Rhowin
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I was trying to make a board, but I'm having issues.  Basically when I go to test it, in order to put any units on you have to find the exact right pixel for each territory.  I'm assuming it's something to do with the fill options or layers.  I tried following someones tutorial on how to do this in Paint.net, but I'm having no luck after hours of messing with it.  Any ideas?? (I'm new to this!)

Also, for my board I wanted to start one specific territory neutral every time...is that possible?

And I was also looking into factories, and not sure if it's what I am looking for, but I was hoping that I could just make certain territories gain the bonus if you owned a continent instead of placing them on the start of your turn.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks =)

2. #2 / 10
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Could you post a link to the board?

3. #3 / 10
    Standard Member Rhowin
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

4. #4 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Your "Fill Transparency" has no solid areas.  Look at the fill transparency for other boards and notice that each territory is a single color on the fill map. 

More over, you're going to run into trouble because your "Board Transparency" will  simply cover whatever is being filled.  Your board transparency has to be, well... transparent wherevever you want to see the fill color.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sat 29th Sep 13:21 [history]

5. #5 / 10
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Okay so:

1. The way the designer works is that you create an image, and it fills your territories with color when you put them on the map. 

You have 2 different layers on your board: your fill image and your board image.  Your board image exists on top of the fill image.  Designer fills in the territory colors on the fill image (not the board image) so you have to have distinct territories on the fill image (with borders separating them), and "holes" (or transparency) in your board image where you want to see the color of the territories.  

I think what you have going on is 1.no holes in that board layer (white dots) and 2. Texture on the red dots on your fill image (which is what is making the designer do the pixel hunt thing).  Make sure the dots for your territories are only 1 continuous color (all the same red) - no texture, no shading no nothing. 

2. One specific territory neutral everytime - set this with the "setup" drop down from the box where you can select territories or continents ect. - after picking "setup" click on the territory you want to make neutral and set the modifier along the top bar.   Then you have to change the "rules" to make sure your game starts "setup based"

3. Yes. It's factories you want. Create a continent and set the factory to "universal" and set the "factory" box to the territory you want the units to show up in. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 10
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Like the design BTW  =:0)

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

7. #7 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm looking at what you have now, and it looks to me like, if all you're doing is creating circle fills, you don't really need a fill map.  The board map should do.  The only reason to consider a fill map is if the boundaries between the fill and the map are aliased.  When this happens, the fill can get "confused" and the borders will look ragged and messy.  Really, the problem is best solved by editing your board map and making clean single solid color circles around the edges

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sat 29th Sep 13:39 [history]

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member Rhowin
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Sweet, thanks for the information/suggestions guys, I will work on it some more when I get a chance and hopefully it will work out. 

Thanks!

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member WiscoWarrior
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

WarGear should hire Ratsy, M57 (and Weathertop) to help beginners build their maps.

10. #10 / 10
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think we've all been there lots of times and only know things cause someone was kind enough to share.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)