186 Open Daily games
4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member Solea
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I love playing the real time games, but in this last one (http://www.wargear.net/games/view/191168), I got stuck with a guy who missed multiple turns (obviously not in a row) and didn't know how to surrender.  I owned half the board, then missed a turn driving home from work.  The next turn, I was in the process of finding and eliminating him (territory by obnoxious territory, since he couldn't figure out how to surrender even after I told him)... and my turn timed out and I got booted.  And he won.

Shouldn't there be some sort of warning???? I can't tell you how frustrating it is that I spent so much time on that game and was guaranteed a win just to get timed out because I had to track him down in fog.

2. #2 / 3
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

It could be that he was stalling if he missed multiple but not consecutive turns, but he has only played 45 games (..and been booted from 12 - more than 25%), so he truly may not have been able to figure out how to surrender.

I wonder, is there a reason that the "vote to terminate" and "surrender" buttons shouldn't also be on the player pages?

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sun 30th Sep 06:12 [history]

3. #3 / 3
    Standard Member Solea
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yeah, it's pretty unbelievable how many people join realtime games and then don't play them that way... But there isn't much Wargear can do about that, I guess. Sucks for the people that really like them.

I like your suggestion - anything that makes them easier to find!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)