199 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 39
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

For once I have nothing to add. Yes, some form of history has to be mandatory for all users. Sure, make a plain text file for NPMs and doodads for PMs, but you gotta be able to see what people did.

2. #22 / 39
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

KrocK wrote: I would lean toward having history of the text form (like the Fish has) for standard members and have the text, history movie and stats for premium. that way both have the same info but premiums have the info in a nicer easier to use package.

actually i'd go the opposite...movie for standard, text & stats for premium. you still get the info in the movie, but its MUCH harder to see. thus premium makes things easier...

Don't Taze Me Bro!

3. #23 / 39
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I don't really care - but I hate to see premium memberships having an strategic advantage. History is essential, I think you should be able to see what happened in a clear fashion. Non-premium should still have the tools to play the game - they should not be without information that a premium member would have.

I don't want to have a strategic advantage over someone just because I'm paying money. It's akin to receiving bonus troops for being a member. What moves your opponents made is an essential part of the game, and it should not be gimped in any way.

Membership should have perks, not advantages.

Edited Tue 15th Dec 12:21 [history]

4. #24 / 39
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I agree with Andernut but I don't use any of this stuff. I just attack and hope I win and if not I start another game.

Seriously, History should be standard. The main reason I started playing Online Risk based Strategy games is because I didn't have to be logged in the whole time to play it (now I am logged in all the time, but whatever). That fact alone should make it so the text and movie are standard for all players to be able to see what happened whilst they slept or drank.
    Premium members should just get additional info like a Stats page that shows avg rolls, luck % and units lost per player. Info that is available to standard players if they wanna figure it out but Premium gets you it all in one nice little grid and saves you work.

The Status is NOT quo

5. #25 / 39
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: I agree with Andernut but I don't use any of this stuff. I just attack and hope I win and if not I start another game.

Seriously, History should be standard. The main reason I started playing Online Risk based Strategy games is because I didn't have to be logged in the whole time to play it (now I am logged in all the time, but whatever). That fact alone should make it so the text and movie are standard for all players to be able to see what happened whilst they slept or drank.
    Premium members should just get additional info like a Stats page that shows avg rolls, luck % and units lost per player. Info that is available to standard players if they wanna figure it out but Premium gets you it all in one nice little grid and saves you work.

ok, i agree...

Don't Taze Me Bro!

6. #26 / 39
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Fair enough points I agree... I'll make the log text available but not the graphical replay for Standard members. That way it will be consistent with the Info tab in that the information will be there for all members but more easily accessible for Premium accounts.

7. #27 / 39
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm still going to lean on this one and say with fog games, premium members are going to have specific information about the map that non-members will not have. Unless rather than have a graphical video, you allow them snapshots of the map at that moment in time.

8. #28 / 39
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Alright, i'm not sure if i'm just not reading the text log correctly or what, but it seems to not show the outcomes of rolls. I was playing a map where i had a disadvantage in attacking and yet i won many times when i shouldnt have, i went back to check the log and see what I had rolled but could not find the rolls anywhere.

asm wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

I second that.

9. #29 / 39
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

What's the gameid?

10. #30 / 39
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/5421

asm wrote:
    I agree

I second that.

11. #31 / 39
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Which turns are you referring to? Looks OK so far to me...

12. #32 / 39
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

For the love of cheese where is game history? I can't look at anybody's links!

13. #33 / 39
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

'tis coming... I'm updating the history log view to make it clearer and fix some of the bugs, this will also reenable it for non-Premium members.

14. #34 / 39
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I'm curious...I'm new to this, and have never used the game history. I'm wondering how it helps? I mean to say, when it is your turn, the current state of the board is what you need to deal with. How does it matter how it ended up that way?

15. #35 / 39
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

From what I understand it is especially important in fog games so you can try and deduce where the other players armies are also you can look back and see the strategy that players you are not familiar with are using.
    You may look at the map and see that green has a lot of territories but few armies....why is that? Is it because on the last turn that was played, while you were sipping brandy and discussing world events, that Green went all out and attacked everywhere spreading him/her thin or was it that Green played well and gained territory and Yellow and Red decided to take him/her down a notch?
    Knowing who the aggressor is and who is playing back is important and the present state of the board doesn't always show the full story.
    With that said, I agree with you, paulharrow. I don't use History since the past is for losers and fools (Coach Mike Ditka). There is also the fact that I am not a very good player to consider.

The Status is NOT quo

16. #36 / 39
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I might have to give it a look then...might help me shoot up the rankings!

17. #37 / 39
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I understand history not being available during fog games, but shouldn't be available once they've concluded?

asm wrote:
    I agree

I second that.

18. #38 / 39
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Since you're a standard member it's not available at all!

19. #39 / 39
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I know! My recent stint as a standard member has increased my respect for you Andernut. I hate playing like this and I am excited to pay money to make me better at this game lol.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)