184 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I want a continent to light up in the player color, as long as they hold all the territories in the continent. 

I also want it to stop lighting up if they lose the continent. 

Any ideas? 

Best I could come up with is an auto-capture factory with an automatic check (-1) factory for each player.   But this will only light the continent for the players turn, not the other players' turns. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

2. #2 / 11
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I don't understand. Is this an off-board indicator?   I mean, when a player owns all the territories in the continent, by definition the continent "lights up."

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think he wants a separate territory that they get possession of when they own an entire continent.

There is something similar in the Invention map, where there is a 'possession' icon that shows you who has control of each of the civilizations.

4. #4 / 11
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I think he wants a separate territory that they get possession of when they own an entire continent.

There is something similar in the Invention map, where there is a 'possession' icon that shows you who has control of each of the civilizations.

That's what I mean by "Off-board" indicator.. That shouldn't be a problem. And I see no reason that it wouldn't be seen be everyone in a non-fogged game.. In a fogged game, just draw view-only borders to the "lights" from capitals if you have them ..otherwise you would need to draw view-only borders from every territory on the board.

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was hoping to do it without capitals, and without abandon if possible. 

Yeah, Ozy is right, I want to create his possession markers, without capitals. 

I have a board with a series of neckties on it, -all the territories are patterns and stuff on the ties - and I thought it would be cool if the tie lit up in your color when you owned all the territories on it. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 11
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

lots of view only borders should work.

7. #7 / 11
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I want you to be able to see it only when you have "all" the territories on it, wouldn't veiw only mean if I owned "any" of the territories I would see it?

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

I want you to be able to see it only when you have "all" the territories on it, wouldn't veiw only mean if I owned "any" of the territories I would see it?

You would "see" it all the time.. but it would only "light up" when the continent is owned.

9. #9 / 11
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Couldn't you create an off map factory that you get 1 army in when you own that continent and then allow non-placement in that territory so that the only way to have it is to get the factory bonus.  You would also want to have a negative bonus for it too so if you lose the continent you would lose the icon.  I think +2 for owning and then also -1 for owning it so the net is +1 for owning it and you'd lose that 1 once you lose it.  However you would have to make it a max of 1 in the territory and I'm not sure if the site would let you have a +2 bonus on a factory with a Max of 1.
    Don't know if that is what you are looking for or if it would work, but it is pretty interesting.

I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'll try it and let you know. I didn't think about the territory cap. Smile

11. #11 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>I'm not sure if the site would let you have a +2 bonus on a factory with a Max of 1.

I'm pretty sure wargear is ok with this.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)