2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Thesavagefear
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

A group of friends and I usually have a game on the Civil War board going. We have also been playing the War of the roses board lately. What other boards are good? We like the more traditional boards and game play.

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'll just plug my own board and say that  world war air land and sea is pretty cool.  :)

a little drool never hurt anyone:)

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

castles and fortress are cool too. imo.

a little drool never hurt anyone:)

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

There's an option from the boards page to look at only the 'beginner' boards (click on the yellow and red circles in the upper right to turn off the intermediate and advance boards). There will still be a pretty big selection, but they will all be pretty basic in terms of game mechanics, and almost all will play a lot like standard Risk.

If you like large boards, you might try Europe 1560, HexGear (I plug my own boards, too!), Antastic, Colossal Crusade or Castlevania.

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member Thesavagefear
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

We were playing World War: Land, Air, and Sea quite a bit. Great board. I will try some of these others. Thanks.

6. #6 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I would suggest sorting by popular and/or rating and trying some of the top boards that look interesting. 

Of my own boards, I would recommend Crystal Caves & Invention.  Crystal Caves is a little complicated, Invention more so.  If you want something simpler, I think my Pangea & Panthalassa board is really fun.

Other designers maps that I have been enjoying lately: Ribbon World, Zombie States of America & Deadwood  (in order of increasing complexity)

How many are in your group?

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I really like:

House of fog (for the foggy challenge), Rent is due Again (a nice variant on the orig. board) and Millenium Falcon (which drills the game down to it's essentials)

And then I like the complicated ones, and I would encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and try a new board every once and a while. 

Start with Escherdiles. Good mix of bonus structures and lots of back-and-forth. :)

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

HexGear is good for larger groups. Invention is awesome, but complicated so try Simple World. Moon Base is a fun straightforward map also.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)