177 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have a map that I want to add a lot (a couple hundred I think) of dice mods to. All borders going to a particular territory would have the same defense mod and all borders going away from a particular territory would have the same attack mod. Is there an easier way to do this than with the editor?

2. #2 / 12
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yes - with xml.

Just isolate all the relevant lines and do a find/replace.  I do it all the time.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

3. #3 / 12
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Also, definitely check out Ozyman's editor - I haven't figured out how to use it, but it seems like it could do the trick.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

4. #4 / 12
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weird.  I thought I replied to this last night, but I don't see my reply.  

As M57 mentioned, check this out:

http://prestopnik.com/wargear/MapEditor/

Specifically I think you want the 'modify borders' functionality.  Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions.

5. #5 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You did, but to a different thread. It looks like the modify borders functionality can do some of what I want. I will try using it to do my vision borders. It doesn't look like it will do what I want for the dice mods though. I think it will be easier just doing a bunch of search and replaces in the xml if I understand how the advanced map editor works.

My understanding of the modify borders function is that it adds borders. I already have the borders defined and just want to modify them. Will it do that?

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The board is a sudoku: http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/4654

My idea is that each square would roll its number for both attack and defense dice. Borders are orthogonal except for the pencils which can attack any square.

Edited Wed 27th Nov 15:50 [history]

7. #7 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It seems like this would come up often enough to warrant an addition to the designer: a button that would set all borders to/from a particular territory to have certain dice mods instead of selecting each border individually.

8. #8 / 12
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

My understanding of the modify borders function is that it adds borders. I already have the borders defined and just want to modify them. Will it do that?

No I think it should only modify borders that already exist.  Some day I plan on adding a 'add borders' functionality.

9. #9 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    Korrun wrote:

No I think it should only modify borders that already exist.  Some day I plan on adding a 'add borders' functionality.

Worked perfectly! Very easy to make all of the dice mods on the borders. Especially once I realized that the defense mod was for the "to" territory not the "from" territory. :)

Since it doesn't create borders yet, I will have to do the vision borders by hand then.

10. #10 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Some day I plan on adding a 'add borders' functionality.

That would be super helpful!

11. #11 / 12
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

How would you want the feature structured?  Can you describe the optimal interface for telling the WGAME what you want done?  Try to keep it similar to how the other interfaces look.

12. #12 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

How would you want the feature structured?  Can you describe the optimal interface for telling the WGAME what you want done?  Try to keep it similar to how the other interfaces look.

I think the same as the modify border function. Possibly with the addition of attack and defense mods going both directions.

On the existing modify border function the bottom heading that says Define New Border could be reworded. I think that was what threw me off initially.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)