2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/327327

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or broke something or what.

I got this msg from the last player to join:

I was last one to join and when I did it said:

Fatal error: insufficient seats available in scenario for this number of players.

2. #2 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In the description for your new scenario you wrote: * Capitals have a unit max of 35. They defend at +2 unless attack is from Espionage.  I believe with your new tech trees this should read assassination?

3. #3 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sorry, this was a double post.

Edited Mon 23rd Dec 18:13 [history]

4. #4 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

* At the top of the map, under the title are 'possession indicators', which show who controls each civilization. Possession indicators will go neutral immediately when a player is eliminated, and will change to the color of the player with possesion of the territory at the beginning of their turn.

If taken as absorption of units, occasionally it changes colour immediately without turning neutral first.

5. #5 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Why did you opt for this: UK - Start with 2 extra units in flask. change?

6. #6 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

hah.  Cool that you are looking it over, and thank you for being so observant - I will make those changes.  But I should warn you, I don't think the description is necessarily up to date, so don't take it as gospel.

>Why did you opt for this: UK - Start with 2 extra units in flask. change?

UK seemed to be a bit overpowered in the 2nd edition, so that was just a way I balanced it.  IIRC, with -2 to all blue tech neutrals (previous blue advantage), blue was way more likely to get to advanced flight in the first round, which was turning into too much of an advantage.  It's not as powerful a bonus, but it is more flexible for blue.

7. #7 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

UK seemed to be a bit overpowered in the 2nd edition, so that was just a way I balanced it.  IIRC, with -2 to all blue tech neutrals (previous blue advantage), blue was way more likely to get to advanced flight in the first round, which was turning into too much of an advantage.  It's not as powerful a bonus, but it is more flexible for blue.

Huh, I didn't think that the changes were so great that it would have affected UK so much to alter it so drastically.  Why not have just made it science tech with 1 less neutral each, or add them 4-5 on the flask?  Anyway, I never minded the UK advantage for getting up Satellite/Advanced flight that much because I always saw them as being screwed by nationalism, compared to the rest.

If you make any more development games for it though, give me an invite please!

8. #8 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>add them 4-5 on the flask

You are saying add 4-5 on the flask instead of 2?  I could see bumping it up a bit.   The problem is that there is no good way to see if any one civ has the advantage.  I'd have to go through dozens of games by hand and record the winner (and maybe include player rankings) to have a good idea if one civ is more powerful than the others.  I wish their was a way to batch download public game logs.   I believe I've mentioned this in the feature request forum before, but if I could somehow get a big zip file of all the public invention games, I could very quickly see if one color had an advantage. 

As it is, I play about 2 dozen test games with a core group of testers, and then we try to balance it by hand, but I'm never very confident of the results.

>I always saw them as being screwed by nationalism, compared to the rest.

In some ways blue is certainly disadvantage by having a small 'nation'.  They only get +4 from nationalism, while others get up to +7.  And in 2nd edition there is essentially a nationalism upgrade with double bonus (so they will get +8 instead of +14 for others)  So yeah, that sucks for them, but you also get +3 tech points for having your nation, and it is much easier for them to capture and keep their nation, so that balances it a bit.

I'd be happy to invite you to a dev game.  I'll start one up today.

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

For a board like this it'd be great if the board statistic could show winning percentage by starting capital and not just by seat.  Then after a large number of public games are played you could be very sure of the tendencies.  Despite their very defensible nation, I've always felt most handicapped playing as NA for some reason?  I can't explain why though.

10. #10 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>For a board like this it'd be great if the board statistic could show winning percentage by starting capital and not just by seat.

Yeah - just some additional charts would also work, but I figured allowing download of public game logs would be a more flexible solution, because then map makers could do all kinds of analysis on them.  I would not mind making something like the WGAME to process game logs, if the option became available and map makers want it.  It should be a lot easier than the WGAME.

11. #11 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think my initial setup and/or rules must be wrong witht this scenario.  I tried to startup a game with just 2 people, and it started fine:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/328160

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)