2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Thijs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/331656

I want to know if any of you ever saw such a high luck number. Sure I saw +20 couple of times. But this is for me exceptional. Funny thing is that the other player who had the luck even didn't win. But with a little better game play ofcourse he would have crushed me :)

2. #2 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

There has been a lot of discussion on this, but basically raw luck scores are not comparable.  A luck of 20 in a very long game is nothing, but a luck of 20 in a very short game is extraordinary.

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member Thijs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

The +30 luck was achieved after 10 turns. I would say that is pretty quick :)

4. #4 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The number of turns is not all that relevant.  Much more important is the # of battles, or times an offensive die attacked a defensive die, which in this case was 626 for Filip. 

His total of 323 kills was about 11% better than the expected 291.  We'd need to know more about the types of attacks (3v2, 2v2,2v1 etc.) in order to determine what the standard deviation is for these battles.

My guess is somewhere in the vicinity of +2, but not far beyond if at all.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Fri 10th Jan 14:21 [history]

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As M57 notes, I think it is better to describe luck as a ratio of actual kills/expected kills.  Plus or minus 10% is pretty significant to me.

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member Filip
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

ha,ha,ha I cannot actually believe thijs has came here to discuss about luck, ... maybe he is half nerd? thijs if you read this, you are the nerd! much wiser for you should be to try playing better to be higher on the list with other guys, ... i am among worst players at the moment but i don't care i like to play, ha,ha,ha filip

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Mostly Harmless
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Not spent the time to figure out how the luck stats are calculated so not sure how this measures up, but just finished a game where the winner, Knosken2, had a +71.25 luck factor:

http://www.wargear.net/games/luck/333249

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)