198 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I've just had my first occasion to do a team surrender, in a two team game.  I expected the game to end immediately when the last member of my team surrendered, just as it does when the second-to-last player in a non-team game surrenders.

It doesn't, the only other team has to vote to accept the Team Surrender.  Is this intentional, with a rationale which we could potentially debate?  Or is it an implementation difficulty issue?

2. #2 / 5
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

One thing that comes to mind would be any case where there are more than tow teams, where all non-surrendering teams would need to agree to the surrender.  Coded this way, even a lone winning team would have to agree.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Wed 22nd Jan 17:32 [history]

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

A surrender can significantly affect a game. There is a good chance that having the other guys accept that surrender is to keep consistency in the gameplay. Maybe some team would join a game just to build a big unit count and surrender to mess with other players.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57: meaning an implementation issue is the explanation, I can see that.

Ratsy: "Significantly affect" in the sense that it ends it, yes.  {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm talking about the case when there is only one other team, who should win immediately when their opponent surrenders.  That's how it works with non-team games, where the winning player doesn't have the option of declining the surrender and forcing the game to go on.  Conceptually, why should team games be different?

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Conceptually, why should team games be different?

Yeah, agreed. As long as the surrendering teams members agree, there should be no difference. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)