174 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Standard Member Gen Monty
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In the "Medal of Honor" tournament (www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/1086) there is a three way tie for first, but it says that our team lost. Shouldn't we all be given the first place trophy?

2. #2 / 9
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

There isn't supposed to be a tie in a tournaments.

There are a set of tiebreakers that are used, in order:
    H2H - Head to Head score
    SOS - Sum of opponents scores
    SODOS - Sum of defeated opponents scores
    SOSOS - Sum of sum of opponents scores

Looks like H2H and SODOS are both the same, and SOS and SOSOS should be the same for all of you (since it's round robin).
    I'm not sure what the tie-breaker would be after that, though, Tom would have to answer.

I do see something that I haven't seen before, however:  When you look at the players tab, it doesn't show any of the three teams as winning, and it only shows the losing teams.

3. #3 / 9
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Under the status column it says 'Tied' for all three top teams and 'Loser' for all other teams. Though it lists #1,#2, and #3 differently, you should interpret this as the site saying it's a tie. (This is correct IMO - nothing in the performance distinguishes any one of the teams as having outperformed the other two.)

I don't know what happens with the trophy in this situation though :)

4. #4 / 9
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i recall in the site announcement page when looking for tie-breakers that tom said if after all those options are still tied, noone wins. there was some call for an all-win instead, but i didn't see a response from tom to that.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes, that's a pure tie. There was no fair way to split the winners in this sort of scenario.

6. #6 / 9
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

There should be a board designed specifically as a sudden-death game for determining ties like this. And that board should be named Thunderdome.

7. #7 / 9
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Or we can (read SHOULD) give all three teams a trophy! 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

8. #8 / 9
    Standard Member erastus25
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

There should be another round automatically added to the tourney and all three teams should fight it out for the win! Kind of a deviation from the tourney conditions as that would require a 3 team game (in this case) for a 2 team tournament, but it's better than nobody getting a trophy!

9. #9 / 9
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

erastus25 wrote:

There should be another round automatically added to the tourney and all three teams should fight it out for the win! Kind of a deviation from the tourney conditions as that would require a 3 team game (in this case) for a 2 team tournament, but it's better than nobody getting a trophy!

A similar option might be adding another round where A plays B, B plays C, and A plays C.
    Then a subsequent round added if it's still a pure tie, etc.... 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)