3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #61 / 67
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Edward Nygma wrote: I think it applies to tournaments well, but in games in general. Especially lightning games. People tend to surrender, then leave, and when it's not accepted they get booted. I'm not sure if booting and surrendering are treated differently, but if they are, the timer should accept surrenders, instead of skipping or booting, if the player has offered to surrender.

I'd be hesitant of this, as a game could turn greatly if a player Surrenders when he knows he's going to lose the next round which would mean no elimination/card bonus for the other player(s) that have set up to eliminate him and grab his cards.

I'm not a fan of allowing surrenders, and glad they take all other player's votes since it is a game changer.

(Yes the same thing can happen if they go 2 rounds of skips to get booted, but at least that takes an extra round rather than Surrender means player "eliminated" by the system.)

How about having immediate auto-skips of a player's turn if they offered to surrender?  That way the standard boot rules are still used, except the game doesn't get delayed by 4 days because someone wanted to bail and purposefully skipped their turns to get booted.

Edited Fri 19th Mar 14:19 [history]

2. #62 / 67
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Norseman wrote: How about having immediate auto-skips of a player's turn if they offered to surrender?

That sounds like a good solution to me.

3. #63 / 67
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Actually maybe that should be the default behavior in all games? i.e. when it comes to the time to boot, instead of booting the turn gets skipped and subsequent turns are instantly skipped.

That way it gets around the problem where a player decides to spite one of the remaining players by getting themselves booted so they can't capture their cards.

4. #64 / 67
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Actually maybe that should be the default behavior in all games? i.e. when it comes to the time to boot, instead of booting the turn gets skipped and subsequent turns are instantly skipped.

That way it gets around the problem where a player decides to spite one of the remaining players by getting themselves booted so they can't capture their cards.

Not a bad idea, although will the player be confused if they do come back to WG but never get to take a turn?  Would have to be able to signify how to eliminate the player is still "present" (or how to eliminate him).

One negative thing is that the Flash doesn't show that a player has been Booted, you actually have to go to the Board page to see that the player was booted, so it could be confusing even for players that are still in the game.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

5. #65 / 67
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes true it would need some updates to the player. Something signify they've been zombiefied.

6. #66 / 67
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I don't know why there's even an option to Surrender in games with more than 2 people.

It's a trap!

7. #67 / 67
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Actually maybe that should be the default behavior in all games? i.e. when it comes to the time to boot, instead of booting the turn gets skipped and subsequent turns are instantly skipped.

Hmm,  My first post on Wargear..  and I'm at least a month late to this party..

My thoughts on this..

To speed up the process even further, I think players should be able to place themselves in "surrender mode", and their turn is skipped.  I think someone might have already mentioned this.

Sounds like a coding nightmare, but how about if a semi-psuedo-bot plays for them, even if it's just to randomly place armies and end the turn?  This might help to maintain some kind of parity on the board in multi-player and multi-team games.

Players should be able to unanimously vote to put players in surrender mode (not boot them).

Host should be able to do same.  Although if there is already a auto-surrender mode then it doesn't really matter.

E-mail is generated when player is placed in AS mode. (It may just be an oversight on their part).  And if the dumb-bot at least placed some armies, minimal harm is done.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)