194 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hello: I am rather new here and look forward to progressing through the maps.  To that end, can someone please advise a novice who is familiar with the Wargear Warfare map AND has ventured as far as 'the fog of war' option on what order is best to approach the remaining maps.  I am under the impression they may get progressively more difficult to understand how to play on them.

In short, which map is best after the basic board game formats?  Thank you all.

2. #2 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

3. #3 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Among other things, I would recommend that as you look through the Board list, On the upper left, make sure you check out "Advanced Features"

Advanced Features Artillery Borders
    One-way Borders
    Border Modifiers
    Fortify Only Borders
    View Only Borders
    Factories

All of the above features can be confusing for a first time player because they are not part of the basic game, so I might suggest picking games that only use one or two of these at the most (if any at all).  "Factories" are possibly the most unusual in that they make it such that armies can be awarded or taken away for all kinds of things and in all kinds of places.  Some games use them in subtle ways, but Factories are so powerful that they can change the nature of the game such that it is nothing like Risk.  Bottom Line: Read the description carefully and make your decision from there.

Also, if there is a board or feature you don't understand - If you post a question on the forums, you'll usually get a pretty quick (and detailed) response.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

4. #4 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

If you want to try a board feel free to invite the people in this thread to a private game.  We'd certainly walk you through it.

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Is there any board you have in mind you want to play on, ill happily set up a private game to teach you the ropes.

Off Topic!

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thank you all for your quick and kind responses.  I am trying to get a feel for this place.  It is all so new to me.  I tried Mobs of NY.  That was fun.

I don't understand the ranking system.  Am I trying for a high number or a low number?  How and when does a member change from a private to a corporal, etc.?

In the 'Who's Online' pop up, sometimes I am not listed when I am online and playing.  How does that work?  Thank you all again !

7. #7 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As far as points and ratings are concerned, more is better.

Everyone starts with 1000 points on each board, and 1000 Global ranking points. Read more about the Global Ranking and Championship points here.

Currently Championship points (CPs) are the most coveted of points and they are the points that you need to obtain rank.  Basically, you need to be one of the top ten players on a board to net CPs. Here is a link to the scale used to convert CPs to rank.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)