2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 18
    Standard Member elmasmacho88
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Hello wargear

Im not sure if this is going on only in the past week or so, but ive noticed i cannot delete a game i have created after one person has already joined.  It happens everyday that we attempt to host public games that are not filled entirely with other fellow players. The host, should have the ability to delete a game that has not yet started, even if there are other players that have joined (most end up logging off anyway after a while if the game doesnt start).  I understand that there must be a reason why this is like this, but for standard accounts with 10 game limits, its hard to enjoy more games if we cant join any because the few we created cannot be deleted. 

Thanks!

JP

2. #2 / 18
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

elmasmacho88 wrote:

Hello wargear

I understand that there must be a reason why this is like this, but for standard accounts with 10 game limits, its hard to enjoy more games if we cant join any because the few we created cannot be deleted. 

I'm thinking one of the primary reasons that it's set up this way it is - to stop game creators from deleting games just to avoid playing against certain players, which really flies in the face of making all rated games available to all players.

Of course, you can always support the site and purchase a Premium membership, giving you unlimited games.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Tue 26th Aug 19:21 [history]

3. #3 / 18
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    elmasmacho88 wrote:

Hello wargear

I understand that there must be a reason why this is like this, but for standard accounts with 10 game limits, its hard to enjoy more games if we cant join any because the few we created cannot be deleted. 

I'm thinking one of the primary reasons that it's set up this way it is - to stop game creators from deleting games just to avoid playing against certain players, which really flies in the face of making all rated games available to all players.

Of course, you can always support the site and purchase a Premium membership, giving you unlimited games.

I guess the reason is rather to respect players who have already joined. Game creators who would wish to avoid  playing against certain players could just leave the game.

Indeed, this is what I would recommand to Elmasmacho:  just leave the game (I believe it's possible even for the game creator).

Edited Tue 26th Aug 20:11 [history]

4. #4 / 18
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:
    M57 wrote:
    elmasmacho88 wrote:

Hello wargear

I guess the reason is rather to respect players who have already joined. Game creators who would wish to avoid  playing against certain players could just leave the game.

Indeed, this is what I would recommand to Elmasmacho:  just leave the game (I believe it's possible even for the game creator).

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the game creator can't leave the game.

5. #5 / 18
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

IMO, you should be able to delete a game that has not started. sometimes life happens and you create a game and are not able to take your turn,(lightning games for instance) then you not only hold up a game but you also lose. I'm pretty sure it is a bug though cause i am pretty sure you can delete, or used to be able to, can't really remember, it has been a while since i have tried.

thats my 2 cents.

6. #6 / 18
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think M is spot on here. That being said, I concur with Toto that the host "should" be able to leave his/her own game.

7. #7 / 18
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Respectfully, I would like to disagree with Thingol.

Certain boards are  notoriously hard to fill a game of.  Certain settings when creating it make it even more so.  If you are creating one of these exceptionally hard to fill games, you should have to see it through.  I can easily see someone creating 20 or 30 of these and then just leave them laying around to congest the open game filter, if they are allowed to simply create and run.
    If on the other hand, you really do want to play a certain board with a certain amount of people and a certain time limit, prove it.  Do it.
    Leave one spot open (out of your 10) to play a lightning round game and wait for one of the others to finish up.  If you don't like to be limited to 10, premium membership allows for unlimited play.
    I believe the system is fine the way it is.

8. #8 / 18
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Snake, What you list is an abuse and, I think, something where the host should be targeted for expulsion. That is something which could be monitored by the site administrators, like cheating.

9. #9 / 18
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I'm pretty sure that games that don't fill in 30 days are terminated. So, though it could be considered abusive to start 10 or 12 games on one board (I seen this done pretty often such that each game has a different # of players) - If the creator doesn't kill off some of the boards with no takers, eventually the clock will.

10. #10 / 18
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I do it, (create a bunch with different numbers of players) especially when I'm learning or trying out a board, or if I want some CP on that board. Some boards are better with different numbers of players. And if the games don't fill they do go away after a month. 

Is that an abuse?

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

11. #11 / 18
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

I do it, (create a bunch with different numbers of players) especially when I'm learning or trying out a board, or if I want some CP on that board. Some boards are better with different numbers of players. And if the games don't fill they do go away after a month. 

Is that an abuse?

Hah. Gear Abuse! How repugnant can you get?

Do you create 12 different games with 12 different # of players?  I don't think so.

Hmm.. I'll do the same, creating as much as 3 or 4 games on now of my boards, but I make sure they are different in terms of # of players, amount of fog, and even turn length so as to encourage a different demographic of players if possible.

I guess abuse is a relative thing.

12. #12 / 18
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ratsy, it can be abusive - for example, if folks were able to create a bunch and then leave (per Snake Eyes' post) or if someone creates these huge swaths of games just to see the symettrical pattern they cut on the Open Games screen. I don't think starting a few or handful of games to try out a new map is abuse at all. In fact, I could never picture you doing anything abusive...other than what I've already pointed out to you in a couple of our games. ;)

13. #13 / 18
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like playing here so I try to keep it fun for everyone.  

What happens in the games is called... asymmetrical strategizing. {#emotions_dlg.razz}

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

14. #14 / 18
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

thanks for all the input guys. its definitely appreciated. i actually noticed in a game i have created that although one spot is currently filled, I AM able to delete it... perhaps its only certain boards? certain number of filled spots? Im still not sure...

As Far as premium membership goes: I tried a premium membership for 3 months and IT WAS GREAT! unlimited Risk all the time. However when it expired i attempted to renew but my paypal wouldnt work...  Should i create a thread that puts the question of  "WHY ONLY PAYPAL IS ACCEPTED?"   ITs such a complication for countries besides the US and etc... i dont think its that hard to just simply take regular credit cards or debit?  

thanks to all. this is a really awesome community.

15. #15 / 18
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I don't know how he feels about it, but I think if you wanted to use alternative payment types you would have to e-mail

[email protected]

No guarantees, but that'd be the place to try.

16. #16 / 18
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I can accept Amazon payments if that helps you? Drop me a PM or email to the kindly address posted by ratsy.

17. #17 / 18
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

What's that chart elmasmacho88?

18. #18 / 18
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I can accept Amazon payments if that helps you? Drop me a PM or email to the kindly address posted by ratsy.

awesome thanks! ill shoot you an email for details. I appreciate it.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)