Rank Posn

Cool. Thx Tom. I will take a look at that

2. #22 / 28
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

In terms of the API the way this could be done is two calls, one to query the game listings (board name / date start and end / teamplay or regular etc) and the other to download history for one game. You could then write a simple script to query and download history files.

I'll have to try this out.  To get the game listings, you'd use GetGameList, right?  Viewtype=board, and then set the boardid appropriately.  Would this get you all public games played on a board?

But then how do you get the game history from the game?  From the documentation I thought GetBoardData got you the information about a board, not a game. 

3. #23 / 28
    Standard Member SexySass
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I took a look at the API and expanded and looked at every operation and yeah, I don't see any way, using any of the functions in any combo, that will get a history file.

4. #24 / 28
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep it's not there yet - should have it ready in the next week

5. #25 / 28
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    tom wrote:

In terms of the API the way this could be done is two calls, one to query the game listings (board name / date start and end / teamplay or regular etc) and the other to download history for one game. You could then write a simple script to query and download history files.

I'll have to try this out.  To get the game listings, you'd use GetGameList, right?  Viewtype=board, and then set the boardid appropriately.  Would this get you all public games played on a board?

GetGameList will only retreive games that you've played in (it's effectively the same as the 'My Games' listings for an individual. I can tweak it so that there is an option to list all games on a board.

6. #26 / 28
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

SexySass wrote:

I took a look at the API and expanded and looked at every operation and yeah, I don't see any way, using any of the functions in any combo, that will get a history file.

I've added a 'GetHistoryData' function to the REST API.

7. #27 / 28
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:
    tom wrote:

GetGameList will only retreive games that you've played in (it's effectively the same as the 'My Games' listings for an individual. I can tweak it so that there is an option to list all games on a board.

Actually I got this wrong {#emotions_dlg.blush}

If you set viewtype to 'board' and put in the boardid you're interested in, it will retrieve all games on that boardid. Beware it won't take account of earlier versions of that board or different scenarios, it will only be games on that specific boardid. 

8. #28 / 28
    Standard Member SexySass
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    SexySass wrote:

I've added a 'GetHistoryData' function to the REST API.

Thanks Tom, I'll take a look and see what I can do. This is where my lack of programming knowledge will slow me a bit, so I might ask a lot of questions. Sounds like Ozyman can answer them as well. Awesome and Thx!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)