180 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Standard Member Jimbo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yeah I was just wondering how to gain championship points? I've had a decent win percentage and over 1400 global score, but only got 2 championship points and I think its preventing me from climbing the ranks. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.  Also another quick question, it seems most of the time the games register in your rating right away, but i won a europe 1560 team game with Dud, and it hasn't registered as a win yet.

by the by guys, I'm Jimbo new to the game/ website.

2. #2 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Jimbo welcome to the site.

The easiest way to see each of your ranking points is here: http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Jimbo/Board%20Rankings

Yertle has kindly put together a detailed explanation of the Rankings system here: http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Rankings

In summary it's a combination of the score on the board and your position on the board. To get maximum points you need to be placed first on the board and have a score greater than 1500.

Hope that makes sense, any more questions please ask.

3. #3 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Oh and re: the Europe game - team games aren't counted towards rankings at present. They may be calculated separately soon but will never go towards rankings.

4. #4 / 9
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I think team games are maybe best not ranked. You never know who you will get in a team, and I like that they are more relaxed and fun oriented as there is no worry about losing points.

5. #5 / 9
    Standard Member Jimbo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks Tom, appreciate the info and you covered all of my inquiries. Yeah i agree with that Paul, just sucks for the good team players.
    On a side note, it seems like I suck at 4 player+ solo games, but I'm alright at 2 player and sometimes 3 player games. I'm really open to suggestions or advise on europe 1560 or global warfare multiplayer game strategy ;-)

6. #6 / 9
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've found that in all the classic Risk maps, continents don't help that much when you have 4+ players. Try to take territories defended by a single unit whenever possible, and make yourself less appealing to attack than the other players... going for the big continents will just make you a target. Bide your time while the card sets increase in value, and then use a set to start a chain reaction... if you can eliminate a player with a lot of cards, you will probably be able to turn in another set immediately and then eliminate another player or at least weaken your remaining opponents.

7. #7 / 9
    Standard Member Jimbo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

yeah that makes sense Norseman, appreciate the advise.

8. #8 / 9
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Jimbo, just don't try and be the global policeman. You have to bide your time, do your bit, but depend on others to help control things as well. It's really hard to sit there and not attack someone who is about to get a heap of extra men because of their continents, but if you try and do everything, you just end up being a trail of 1's that someone else sweeps up. Of course, every now and then you have to make a dash, and the judgement of that is what makes a good player. In the really big games, it certainly can take some patience too. And like Norseman said, try and line up a player to eliminate. Later in the game, stealing cards is everything. I sometimes strategies this many moves ahead. Sometimes you pull it off, sometimes you don't.

9. #9 / 9
    Standard Member Jimbo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I appreciate the advice paul. I think you pointed out the reason i'm not well in 4player+ games. Because i usually do well the first few turns getting the most armies, then just try to prevent the next best in the game, and it usually bites me in the ass. I must have gotten to used to 2 player games, in which case that's about all you have to do is prevent. Thanks guys

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)