188 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hello: I am currently in a Civil War tournament.  A great game EXCEPT that I cannot fortify once I have accumulated territory.

Normally it fortifies just fine but once I get too many territories, the system takes forever to identify where a player wants to fortify from and to.

I waited a little over 3 hours and finally just abandoned the fortify option.  It left my troops exposed but I felt it unfair to the other players to hold the game up for so long. 

So is it a glitch in the game, the site or my PC?           Thank you in advance.

(It certainly kind of ruins plans for a move.)

2. #2 / 9
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

With fortify to any connected on it can take a while to load, but I've never seen it take more than 5 to 10 seconds even on really big maps. Sometimes it works better if you click on the starting territory to fortify from and then click on the territory you want to fortify to before it finishes loading. Then wait for a few seconds.

3. #3 / 9
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If it doesn't work after 5 to 10 seconds, I would reload the page and then try again.

4. #4 / 9
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Do you have tons and tons of tabs open?  That seems to slow things down for me.  Maybe open another browser and try it in that.

Also:

>I waited a little over 3 hours and finally just abandoned the fortify option.  It left my troops exposed but I felt it unfair to the other players to hold the game up for so long.

Is this a common thing?  I have never felt bad about taking my entire turn time to play.

Edited Wed 25th Feb 15:53 [history]

5. #5 / 9
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yes, it can be slow on large maps with "fortify to any connected." But like the other posters I have never experienced more than around 10 seconds wait time. Agree with those saying to reload browser etc. I have also found that the Flash player, once loaded, is usually faster for those big moves.

Been gone a while. You all did a good job holding down the fort.

6. #6 / 9
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I thought it was just my poor internet, but, I have experienced some pretty laggy loads, attacks and fortifies before as well.  I have also noticed that it is much worse for me with native, so, I always use flash.  If it gets particularly bad or completely refuses I do all the things previously mentioned as well as turning off any programs that might be competing for the internet/cpu, resetting the modem and if all else fails, restart the computer.

7. #7 / 9
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I exclusively use incompletely reconditioned (I know just enough about computers to be dangerous) computers running decade-old OS's so my advice isn't very good, but your experience sounds familiar.

Been gone a while. You all did a good job holding down the fort.

8. #8 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Flash (despite being much maligned) is still faster than Native which is based on Javascript. If you've got a slow computer, the Flash player will almost always be quickest.

9. #9 / 9
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thank you all.  Just knowing that the time span should be in seconds or minutes, not hours, puts me way ahead.  Not knowing the standard time once most of the map is controlled, I didn't have any idea how long to wait.  Again, thank you all.

I was fortunate.  Although I did not get to fortify, the remaining player conceded.  Again, thank you for a quick response.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)