3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Would love to see a "Reply" option to a private comms message. It's kind of a pain to click somebody's name, then type in the message, then hit Private. I screw it up about 1/5 of the time probably. Maybe put in a [ Reply ] button on a private comms where the [ Delete ] button goes on your own public comms?

Actually now that I mention it, what would be ideal in my opinion would be a bit of tweaking to the comms box to begin with... I'd love to see a POST button on the left side under the input line, the refresh messages button somewhere else along there, and then 2 drop downs, one for player name (like it is now) and another for Public/Private posting (rather than a button for each), which would default to Public. A couple times I've said something Privately (to no one) that I meant for Public because the Private one is the leftern one of the two.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

2. #2 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

From a usability perspective I'm not sure about the extra select box, it adds an extra click if you want to send a private message. Although I agree it's quite easy to say something privately if you don't think about it. I'll see what I can do.

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

...which would be offset by saving 2 clicks using the Reply To Private Comms I suggest.

I agree

4. #4 / 11
    Standard Member Train
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

If you want to keep the existing set up, I would consider moving the reply to public to the left of the drop down. My rationale is that it would then be the first button you read and would default to clicking on it more often than not. It also visually separates them by the drop down giving further visual clues that you need to actually decide on one. My 2 cents, I find I am naturally inclined to mousing over the send to private as I'm not used to having two click boxes for chat functions. Not saying that it is a bad setup, but I personally may be a dumb ass, and where there's one... :)

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

...there's at least 2. If nothing else happens, I'd like to see this change as well. I usually post messages using my keyboard not my mouse, and in the vast majority of cases (take this forum, for example), tab-space or tab-enter is how I 'click' to post. Would love to see that become available in-game.

I agree

6. #6 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

How's that?

7. #7 / 11
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I like Train's idea, just move the public one to the left of the drop-down. You could also change the color of the text-box when you mouseover the Private button to mirror that of the background color it takes on after it's posted.

This is getting ludicrous, Risky's kinda-a-big-dealness has gone airborne and infected my signature now too. Wear your masks, it's coming for you next!

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member Train
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I see you changed it up, that works for me, though I still would like the button to be to the left, or play with the tab stops so that it is the first thing you tab to from the box to asm's point. Right now when you are done with a message you have to hit tab -> tab -> enter because you have to tab off the drop down.

9. #9 / 11
    Standard Member Train
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

but that's a nice to have, I know there is plenty of other stuff to work on here so I just want to thank you for your responsiveness. Awesome site.

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yes, fantastic. This solution you've come up with, Tom, I think was better than anything I suggested - although if you'll allow me one moment of pickiness I do agree with Train's agreement with me. This is so terribly close to perfect, I'd just put the 'Send Message' button to the left of the dropdown. Thanks awfully.

I agree

11. #11 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

No problem at all guys, done. I enjoy working on this sort of easy to fix stuff, thanks for the suggestions.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)