184 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The native player (and the native player board explorer) sometimes show the wrong dice mods.

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/427338

For example Mt. Suribachi to Tunnel 1 was showing d7vd6 and Central Field to South field was showing d6vd8. It fixes itself when I refresh the map, but this has happened several times on several different boards. I'm concerned that it will make it difficult for new players to learn some of the harder boards with lots of dice mods.

It does not appear to affect the actual dice rolls. But does show up both when attacking and when using the native board explorer.

2. #2 / 8
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

+1 - Thanks for reassuring me that I'm not nuts.  I keep seeing dice mods that I'm swearing are changing, but I just figured it was my illiteracy that was causing the problem.

3. #3 / 8
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Also seeing this.

In your Face!

4. #4 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I also saw this on Battle for Bladensburg, but after a refresh it seemed to go away.

5. #5 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Struggling to reproduce this bug... anyone managed to get this failing reliably somehow?

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It is on the native player board explorer and sometimes the attack menu in native. I just picked a board I'm playing with dice mods: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/430844 and started clicking around on territories near each other in the board explorer. After about 5 territories I noticed 'Farm of Mont St. Jane A (road)' showing a green arrow (should be red) to 'Farm of Mont St. Jane 2' and showing a dice mod d7 vs d5. This would be the correct dice mod for the other direction between these territories but not this direction. Several other territories around there show inverted dice mods.

I reloaded the page, went back to the native board explorer, and clicked on that territory. It shows the correct dice mods. After clicking around on different territories and then coming back to it, it shows the wrong dice mods again.

I've also seen this happen recently in the attack menu where it shows the dice mods. Reloading the page usually fixes it. I've only seen it show dice mods that are actually on the board.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

With some more experimentation, it appears to be only (but not always) switching dice mods when the border goes to a territory that I've clicked on previously.

8. #8 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

seems to show up wrong whenever there's a difference between attack/defend on this board . for example the castles show up wrong in both to/from, but all the rest seem ok.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)