205 Open Daily games
4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm in some round robin tournaments that I have completed or am just about to complete all my turns in but due to some players set at "one round at a time", the tournament is really lagging to actually complete.

A couple questions:

1) For a standard member, once they have completed all their own rounds in a tournament, does it still count against their ten tournaments?  If it does, then could that be changed to free them up from tournaments that they them self are no longer personally active in?

2) Since it seems many players don't know how to change settings like tournament rounds at a time, shouldn't the default be 3 as a reasonable number to keep such tournaments moving along towards completion at a better pace and then if any player wants more/less they can adjust from there...

Thanks,

Erick

2. #2 / 11
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

1) Yes, it counts to your total, from personal experience. +1 for me for that suggestion.

2) +1 

In at least one of the Antastic Tournaments that we're in, one player is stalling with vacation time to try to reach 50 consecutive wins. One other player has only completed 2 games, while others have played about 19, I'm not sure how they did that without vacation time or forfiting more games...

3. #3 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

while i am not arguing many don't know that you can play more than one round at a time; i, for one, only play one round at a time (granted i usually play pretty timely). 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

while i am not arguing many don't know that you can play more than one round at a time; i, for one, only play one round at a time (granted i usually play pretty timely). 

To be clear, I'm not saying that people can't play one at a time, just, that the default be 3 and then if they are the type of player that likes to play one at a time in a timely fashion, like yourself, then they can turn it back to one.  I guess I think it would be better if it was set to a moderate rate in the middle such that players can adjust up, like me, or down, like you, from the default to find their comfort level.  To be honest, with the default as one, it really causes some tournaments to drag on forever even after they are long over!  A reasonable default rounds setting could do a lot to remedy that!  Let people look for how to change their round settings to find their comfort level but lets not have the default make tournaments drag on in an untimely fashion!

5. #5 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Where it can be a real dead weight is in Round Robins.  with a minimum of 8 games and sometimes more.. 1 is just close to unacceptable. I think the minimum should be 2 or 3 games - if only for RRs.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

6. #6 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In fact it only effects round robin tournaments since the others go one-round-at-a-time by default.  Most of the round robin tournaments I play have 11-29 rounds... But, the biggest I played in the past was a 49 round WGWF 1v1... It took forever and we had to start coaxing the diddle-daddlers to increase their rounds.  That's when it really hit me that most players just don't know it's doable! Babbalouie has a 49 round antastic growing in the tournament lounge right now, and, it could be problematic.  Especially since those games have the potential to last a lot longer then WGWF!

7. #7 / 11
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sounds fine to me to change the default. Especially if you can change it back to 1 at a time if you want.

8. #8 / 11
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I support Erick's suggestion, and would also like to see:

1. Sort people by win percentage and then by number of losses, instead of number of wins

2. See a column for messages not read in my games when I click on "view games" for myself  

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Chele Nica wrote:

1. Sort people by win percentage and then by number of losses, instead of number of wins

2. See a column for messages not read in my games when I click on "view games" for myself  

Definitely if the tournament default were set to list by win % then those with the same win% were sorted by fewest losses, then finally by wins as the third criteria, then it would more accurately reflect who's winning a tournament much better then by wins, as it does now. +1

10. #10 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Chele Nica wrote:

The message column is sortable in the "my games" list. 

11. #11 / 11
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Cool, thanks Amidon37!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)