189 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hello: If a player displays poor sportsmanship, can anything be done to exclude that player from an ongoing game or tournament?

I ask because I am currently teamed with a player in a tournament who obviously throws each game in the opponents favour.  The player refuses to communicate, delays taking turns and will not accept surrender.  I believe this player ruins the game for my opponents in an effort to ruin my games.  I have no idea why but this player is ruining the games for everyone involved in the tournament.

2. #2 / 13
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Unfortunately - there is little you can do except avoid playing with them.. In a tournament setting, that means making sure that when they join your team, you remove yourself from the tournament (you can always rejoin it and join another team).

Personally, I have no problem with 'outing' such players by name in these forums, but be prepared - negativity can backfire.  Even if you are in the right, they may come on the forums and unless you are an adept cyber-debater, it can come across as a he-said, she-said shouting match.

Probably best advice is to select them as an enemy - let others know privately, especially if you think you are being targeted - and avoid them like the plague. Using the public forums should probably be a last resort solution.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

3. #3 / 13
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Probably best advice is to select them as an enemy - let others know privately, especially if you think you are being targeted - and avoid them like the plague. Using the public forums should probably be a last resort solution.

Side note: what are the benefits of labeling someone as a friend or enemy? 

I really would like to know. Is it just for your benefit in seeing the red or green label? Do other players know when you have labeled them? 

Edited Mon 25th May 11:06 [history]

4. #4 / 13
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Abishai wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Side note: what are the benefits of labeling someone as a friend or enemy? 

I really would like to know. Is it just for your benefit in seeing the red or green label? Do other players know when you have labeled them? 

You award them a badge when you mark them as enemy.  I wouldn't have my "not feeling the love" badge without it!  I see you don't have one of those Abishai.  You should try harder at that! Even M57 has that badge!

Edited Mon 25th May 11:36 [history]

5. #5 / 13
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

As to your other questions, no one but yourself knows who you have marked as enemies or friends.

If a premium member marks a non-premium member as an enemy, however, it bars them from entering games that the premium member is already in. (but not tournaments)

Otherwise, the green or red labels might help you more quickly identify if you want to join a game or remain away from it, but that's about it.

Edited Mon 25th May 11:40 [history]

6. #6 / 13
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

rawr!!   {#emotions_dlg.suspicious}

7. #7 / 13
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for info!

8. #8 / 13
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Sounds like maybe U-555's ally might even be gunning for "Public Enemy"!

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=achievements

Which shows me that I have been slacking too!  1-9 for me, then I went to check on some of the players who I had had run ins with in the past and they were mostly 10-24 or 25-49 ranked by their haters!  I added a few "enemy" tags to help them out with their achievement aspirations.  That's how swell I am ;-)

9. #9 / 13
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Dear M57, you mention removing myself from a team.  How do I go about it?  I'll do it right away if I can.

10. #10 / 13
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

U-555 wrote:

Dear M57, you mention removing myself from a team.  How do I go about it?  I'll do it right away if I can.

He meant before the tournament actually launched so that you could re-enter and be on/make a new team.  I think you can still surrender from the tournament though, which would effectively achieve the same thing.  I was so confused how to do that last time you asked because I'm always in my own tournaments and apparently the option is not given to the tournament host, but, on the main page for the tournament there should be a "quit tournament" button.

11. #11 / 13
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yep - Once you enter the tournament - you'll have to keep and eye on things if your team is not full or if someone leaves your team.

12. #12 / 13
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

To anyone interested, I found a solution.  I had requested the option to surrender but my 'partner' would not let me leave.  (I think he has some real issues)  My opponents were fine with it but not him.  Just plain nasty.  So I adapted.

For the rest of the tournament, I made it known that I will side with the enemy.  That way it doesn't delay their game, allows them to win without having to put up with the nonsense. and allows me to battle an enemy I know I'll beat.  As for my overall score, it's just a game.  At least it is for me.  I think for my partner (HD) it is more than that.  Kind of sad, really.  Good luck with that HD!  And thanks to all for your input.  It does help.

13. #13 / 13
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like - not because it will have any effect on the person in question, but because it is considerate of your opponents.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)