201 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 26
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I don't think that we should eliminate options because people might not understand them(plus I'm not sure there are reviews on this site, not yet at least). It's not something that would be standard, just another way to get around restrictions provided by this game's format.

Carnivorous territories are slightly different than a minimum bonus below zero... Carniverous territories, and spawning territories (thanks Kjeld) are location specific, this says you get +1 per turn, but only in this territory, or you get -1 per turn in this territory, which means you better keep putting a unit there or it empties and potentially becomes neutral.

Thanks Andernut, I've got a few games for you when simultaneous play is available. I'm also hoping for an option for the board maker to make multiple versions of a map, one of which is chosen randomly when a game is started, so you can hide things on the map and keep a board fresh.

2. #22 / 26
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Back to the original point... I think that a minimum of 1 or 2 would be a good additional option, forcing you to leave 2 behind. You can't fall below it attacking out, but you may have 1 unit in a territory if it's a result of being attacked.

3. #23 / 26
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote: Back to the original point... I think that a minimum of 1 or 2 would be a good additional option, forcing you to leave 2 behind. You can't fall below it attacking out, but you may have 1 unit in a territory if it's a result of being attacked.

you should be able to set your minimum to what ever you want. that way you can use the min units as a way to have "time delay" borders. making the min number of troops high enough so a person will need to accumulate certain bonuses to have the required troops to fill the min quota. at least thats one way to have "time delay" borders...

4. #24 / 26
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also i really am intrigued with the carnivorous and spawning territories. you could have a board set up where you do not place unites they are spawned in the certain territories and you must move them out (have a capitol that spawns then you must form supply lines to feed the front line) this would work really well with any board that is based on a real life battle.

5. #25 / 26
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I think the same thing could (better) be achieved simply by denoting "Supply Cities" that are the only territories you're allowed to place troops on in the placement phase. As a designer, if you want your players moving troops up to the front lines turn by turn instead of all at once then you just put unit caps on the territories.
    This is pretty much what I attempted to simulate with Axes & Allies on Warfish and will hopefully be able to better do here if we can have "Supply Cities."

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.
    Edited Fri 22nd Jan 03:59 [history]

6. #26 / 26
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I think that these are 2 separate ideas. Spawning and carnivorous territories can do a lot of things, which supply cities could not. At the same time, Supply cities have a similar set of dis/ad vantages. Spawning forces a player to place only spawned units in the spawn territory, but still place units elsewhere, so as not to get trapped behind your own units.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)