173 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member Sun Tzu Jr
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere (I did a cursory search of the forums and found similar threads, but nothing that covers this exactly)...

When using the native player on my phone or iPad or basically any iOS device, I usually have to refresh or reload a game page several times to get the actual board image to load. After that, often (but much less often) the game will stop working at some point and I will not get the pop-ip box for fortifies or perhaps the attack options will never load up or display. Refreshing or reloading the game page will fix it, but I will usually have the same issue with the board image immediately.

Obviously, it doesn't stop me from playing,but I was wondering if I am the only person having this issue - I don't think it has to do with my specific devices, because I use many, but maybe it is my account? I have cleared the cache, and I try closing all the other browser windows and even losing up other apps to maybe free up some memory, but nothing works reliably. Maybe it's a widespread bug that has somehow gone unreported?

It happens on all the boards I play, especially colossal Crusade and it seems particularly bad on Iwo Jima. Basically, I load the native player, there might be a flash of the board image, then that disappears and I am left with just the chat area. Is there something I am doing wrong oris there a strategy to minimize this?

Thanks

2. #2 / 3
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think Iwo Jima has a pretty big file size for its images.  I wonder if it's related to that.

Edited Fri 31st Jul 10:36 [history]

3. #3 / 3
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Image file size maximums are pretty huge, I thing Tom upped them to something like 10MB a few years ago. 

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)