2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've been pondering a couple of designs that I've been calling Roll Your Own, which require players to follow rules that are not enforceable by the WarGear engine. In pretty much all cases, it would be fairly easy for players to cheat, so these boards would be relegated to Dev Play only.

The first obvious example of a board that comes to mind is a standard WGWF map where players simply roll their own dice in RL. It's not too hard using current tools to create a scenario where players have pretty complete control of the the board.  So for instance you could play with a rule (which I did as a kid) whereby rolling trip sixes as attacker is a nuclear bomb and wipes out the entire territory, regardless of how many troops are on it - conversely rolling trip aces causes all legal units on your territory to die - leaving one remaining.

I may create a Basic Roll Your Own WGWF board, but that's not really the objective. I'm much more interested in exploring other RYO possibilities. Boards could be designed that use the engine but require players to follow other rules, e.g. players may be required to restrict movement, or only roll with a certain amount of dice, etc.  You could have games with a 'dungeon master,' who directs play by telling players what to do on the board based on their submitted orders (not unlike SimulGear), etc. Obviously, the possibilities are endless.

I'm wondering if there are members out there who might be interested in playing in some of these types of games if I design them ..or even participate in some designs.  It's a pretty wide open landscape when you can step outside the box!

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Mon 3rd Aug 10:23 [history]

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Here's a pretty quick down and dirty example..

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/457017

Please join if you like.

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Here's a pretty quick down and dirty example..

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/457017

Please join if you like.

Still openings..

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

bump - need one more.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)