198 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

For you old "Fishers" you might remember that I took a break from Risk to write a book, but that never happened.  Well, I can't say never happened...IT JUST DID.

It's a superhero book because I'm a bit of a fanboy when it comes to comicbooks.  If you're interested, here is the link on Amazon.
    Buy Here 

Now, if anyone has a map idea they'd like me to take a swing at I have some spare time.

2. #2 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

For you old "Fishers" you might remember that I took a break from Risk to write a book, but that never happened.  Well, I can't say never happened...IT JUST DID.

It's a superhero book because I'm a bit of a fanboy when it comes to comicbooks.  If you're interested, here is the link on Amazon.
    Buy Here

"So this baby sprouted wings… 

This isn’t the start of a bad joke, it was one of the effects of Sudden Onset Evolution. One night normal people went to bed and the next morning they woke up and had new found abilities and powers. Some died during the change, some are keeping themselves hidden, some started using the abilities for personal gain and a few of them decided to use their powers to stop those that needed stopping. Of these heroes, the greatest group was The Quad, led by Mitosis, a man who could create multiple versions of himself. Mitosis was joined by the human supercomputer Logix, the religious giant Holy Mammoth and the media darling and incredibly powerful Lady Splendid. For years The Quad had captured super villains, ended wars, stopped natural disasters and kept the world safe. But personal relationships gone wrong caused the breakup of The Quad. Logix and Holy Mammoth went off the grid while Lady Splendid decided her celebrity was more important than being a hero. Mitosis went out to join a new group called The Slackers. Joining Mitosis in this new group was Gamer, who creates living video games, NinChick, a young girl with incredible skills and agility and the seemingly impervious Powerful Dude. He was just starting to form a group that could rival The Quad, but then it happened. While trying to stop a new threat their leader Mitosis is put in a coma and a new rash of evil plots started popping up and new dangers presented themselves more and more often. Gamer, NinChick and Powerful Dude do their best to try and wake up their leader and find who is responsible for this escalation of mayhem. 

But is their best good enough, or will they need some help?"

That's the synopsis? 

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 16
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

That's the book description.  I don't know if I'd call it synopsis, it's just more like a trailer, I guess.

4. #4 / 16
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Congrats Risky!  Now you just need  a wargear map to tie in with each chapter.  Think of the cross-promotion possibilities!

5. #5 / 16
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Which way do you make more money ..paperback, or Kindle?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

6. #6 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

congrats for not having e-version cost as much as paper...i refuse to buy a book's e-version for the same price as having a book...i also think you should get a e-version for free (or $1) when buying the paper version...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 16
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

Now, if anyone has a map idea they'd like me to take a swing at I have some spare time.

Conservative amount of units, abandon on, limited attacks  and fortifies, defensive bonuses, capitals on, and fixed amount of players. I would love to see another map like this. These types of maps are highly strategic. Lots of room for creativity. 

8. #8 / 16
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also Risky, is there a way I could sample the first chapter of your book?

9. #9 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Abishai wrote:

The kindle version is $2.99...

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

10. #10 / 16
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Looks like amazon prime members can 'borrow' it for free.  Whatever that means.

11. #11 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You "Borrow"  an e-book from someone elses lending library on their paid subscription devices. 

I think for a month.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

12. #12 / 16
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Abishai wrote:

The kindle version is $2.99...

Sort of like this:

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/apps

13. #13 / 16
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

To answer the questions:

• I make more royalties off of the cheaper Kindle version, but money isn't the important thing, I just want people to read it and tell me if I should bother with writing more.
    • If you buy the paper version you can get the Kindle version for $.99
    • You can read the Prologue for free by clicking on the Sample on the Amazon page.  The Porlogue is a lot of background and is written in a different style than the rest of the book.
    • It is free for Kindle Unlimited subscribers through Prime, or something like that.  Honestly, they try to sell you on the plan and there are so many words involved that I just enrolled it and stopped reading.  I figured if they decided to write all of that it must be a good thing for me.

Oh, and I am going to get back into map making soon.  I have some ideas and most of what was metnioned for things that I live for when making maps.

14. #14 / 16
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Oh yeah, and thank you all for your interest, if nothing else, at least in this thread.  If you are interested in reading more about the book, the process of me writing it and a bunch of just random board posings, you can check out the block at:
    suddenonsetevolution.com or like the Facebook page at facebook.com/suddenonsetevolution.

I also have a bunch of pages on a bunch of other sites.  I swear the writing was fun, the markeiting sucks worse than losing an 8 v 3 attack. 

15. #15 / 16
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

16. #16 / 16
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

That makes me smile every time I see that!  Thanks Amidon 37, I really hope you enjoy it.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)