195 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Good morning: I have forgotten, how does one move up in rank? I see the numbers beside my name but don't understand them.  Does a player want high numbers or low?

Also, I'd like to find a partner to go through the battles with, mostly on the Civil War map, but I'm open. I noticed a couple of players who never separate and I guess if you get to know a player well, it can be advantageous for both. I'm hoping to find someone who doesn't 'bend' rules at all. I prefer to win by deserving to win.

2. #2 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

> how does one move up in rank? I see the numbers beside my name but don't understand them.  Does a player want high numbers or low?

This should answer most of your questions about rank:

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=general:help:rankings#board_rankings_and_championship_points

Good luck finding a partner. 

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

To move up in rank, you need to get some Championship Points:

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=general:help:rankings

To change the number by your name (i'm assuming you mean your Global Ranking score) you just have to win games against player that are ranked highly on the board you play. 

It's a competitive game, You want your score to be high. Smile

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thank you Ratsy

5. #5 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

To change the number by your name (i'm assuming you mean your Global Ranking score) you just have to win games against player that are ranked highly on the board you play. 

Actually, you can do it by winning games against players that are ranked lower than you - or even much lower than you.  Your score goes up when you win games period.   You gain more points when you win against better players.  BUT - you lose more points when you lose against lower ranked players.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

And on top of all that, currently playing team games does not affect your ranking. So while team games are fun if you find a good partner, they won't help you rank up.

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Unless you're looking at the Team Ranking :)

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member U-555
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thank you one and all.  I was thinking of two issues separately, team games and improving my rank.  Mostly I just enjoy playing but it is nice to have a better understanding.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)