4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Mostly Harmless
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Hi Tom:

My turn got skipped before my vacation ended: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/498233 ;

I've asked the next person to wait.  Can you please reset?

Note that the vacation I had scheduled at the time will end in 20 minutes (midnight here), I'm going to add another day of vacation in case it helps avoid a problem tomorrow.

thanks!

2. #2 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Reverted. Sorry, thought that bug was finally fixed! Back to the drawing board...

3. #3 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Reverted. Sorry, thought that bug was finally fixed! Back to the drawing board...

Thanks, Tom.  

I'm needing to spontaneously  schedule a high number of short vacation periods due to my workload and maybe somehow that's contributing to the problem? At the least, it would account for why I'm experiencing the problem more.   I'm just glad that my opponents have been patient regarding the resets as it requires a bit of trust on their part to withhold their turn while waiting, or if they can't wait, it puts them in the position of possibly revealing their next turn's strategy.

4. #4 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Sorry to have to bug you, but it appears that this game is still messed up.   I didn't realize it at the time, but according to one of the players, Farm Wife, one of the territories she owns was showing zero territories and she noticed some other anomalies too.      I'll ask her if she can clarify, but you might be able to just look at the map and her comments there and figure it out.   Here's a link to the game in question: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/498233 ;

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member Farm Wife
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

For some reason on the game play page most of the continent of Old Gotham South (owned by me) and the territory of Crime Alley (owned by MH) don't show the correct number of units.  But on the history page it does. It's not a huge difference.  Like Crime Alley said 49 instead of 48. Some of mine said 0 instead of 2 or 3 instead of 1, a 1 instead of a 2. 

I don't know how this will affect when people attack?

I'm not sure if this is just from this last turn or if it started earlier?  The only reason I noticed it this round was because of the '0' on Old Gotham Apartments.

I noticed it starting with turn 3919.

Thanks for any help.

6. #6 / 8
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've tweaked the unitcount to 1 so the game can proceed but I'm afraid I can't fix the game history on this one.

7. #7 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I've tweaked the unitcount to 1 so the game can proceed but I'm afraid I can't fix the game history on this one.

Thanks, Tom.  

It's all just a game and it's probably already tainted because we've taken a couple turns with the board in a weird state, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble to ask one last thing, could you please just reset it so that it is still Farm Wife's turn as she just missed taking it because she was waiting for the fix to be made.     I intend to kick my opponents asses but it just wouldn't feel satisfying doing so by taking advantage of this glitch.  :-)     Perhaps more importantly, Farm Wife has been a long-term premium subscriber and that has to be worth a few perks.  :-)

THanks!

8. #8 / 8
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Mostly Harmless wrote:
    tom wrote:

Thanks, Tom.  

It's all just a game and it's probably already tainted because we've taken a couple turns with the board in a weird state, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble to ask one last thing, could you please just reset it so that it is still Farm Wife's turn as she just missed taking it because she was waiting for the fix to be made.     I intend to kick my opponents asses but it just wouldn't feel satisfying doing so by taking advantage of this glitch.  :-)     Perhaps more importantly, Farm Wife has been a long-term premium subscriber and that has to be worth a few perks.  :-)

THanks!

Sorry, this is the best I have been able to do - it's slightly earlier than you asked for, some issues with the backups I'm afraid!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)